Our Latest Accountancy Jobs
Job Type: Contract
Job Type: Permanent
Accountancy & Finance Jobs in Belfast Northern Ireland
The Abacus Accountancy team specialise in sourcing and recruiting highly skilled Accounting and Finance professionals and graduates for many industry leading clients. Many roles exist with local practices and (manufacturing/export) industry but we are increasingly supporting large global foreign direct investment companies to develop their ‘Invest Ni’ supported back-office operations. The team is recruiting for Chartered Accountants, Part and Fully qualified Financial Accountants, Management Accountant, Assistant Management Accountants, Financial Analysts, Accountancy Training Contracts (Graduate), Accounts Payable Clerks, Financial Administrators, Multi-lingual Finance Positions and Account Support Analysts.
Recent placements have involved:
- Credit Controller
- Interim Finance Manager
- Chief Financial Officer
- Regulatory Accountant
- Tax Consultant
- Payroll Officer
- Accounts Assistant
- Treasury Accountant
- Purchase Ledger Clerk
- Pensions Accountant
- Group Financial Controller
- Payroll Administrator
- Finance Assistant
- Revenue Assistant
- Corporate Finance Associate
- Company Accountant
- E-Billing Manager
- Cash Monitoring Assistant
- Newly Qualified Accountant
- Audit Senior
- Financial Director
Challenge – A niche award-winning manufacturing company required a Financial Controller to work closely with the highly successful business owner.
Solution – As we had never worked with the firm before, we spent time on site, reviewing their business and potential to grow internationally. Abacus tailored a personality profile and coordinated several interviews and bespoke presentations to find the match this executive level appointment.
Challenge – Large Fund Administrator was using multiple agencies to appoint a volume of people with an accountancy background. The market was very challenging as several announcements for jobs were created and the talent pool was shrinking.
Solution – Abacus collaborated closely to put together a series of extra invitation only events including an Open Evening and Online Webinar. This included several senior managers who were directly introduced to several new applicants. Multiple placements have resulted.
- I was most impressed with the service provided by Abacus. I felt it was tailored to suit what I looking for and the opportunities presented to me were exactly the type of opportunities that were of interest to me. Although when I initially contacted Abacus I wasn't 100% certain I would leave my current role, Eoin presented me with a really great new role, briefed me on it and what to expect of the principals of the company I was interviewing for, so I felt I was going in as prepared as I could be. Also the process was so efficient and I was really impressed at how quick Abacus were able to come back with feedback/next steps for the interview process. It was managed really well and I would definitely recommend Abacus to my peers who may be looking for new roles. I was really impressed with the variety of opportunities across many different companies in this sector that the guys knew about also. Really friendly, professional and efficient service and I feel I was able to find exactly the role I was looking for which would not have happened without with the help of Abacus.
Emma- Louise, Newly Qualified Accountant
- Richard has been fantastic throughout the whole recruitment process. He was able to match me with my perfect role and was always available to give me help and advice. He has been in constant contact since I've been in my new position making sure it is all going well. I have and will continue to recommend him in the future.
Stephen, Contract Accountant
- I had a great experience with Abacus. Unlike a lot of recruiters I have dealt with in the past, I felt that I wasn't being hounded from all angles & that there was a good understanding of what my expectations were. I built up a great rapport with Richard & felt that he had my best interests at the forefront when putting me forward for roles. I would have no hesitation in recommending Abacus to friends & colleagues.
Rachel, Finance Manager
- I found Abacus very friendly and put me at my ease... Natasha had a great positive attitude to finding me a suitable finance placement. The email received provided me with insightful and helpful interview tips which was encouraging.
Heather, Finance Assistant
- Eoin approached me in relation to the role via linkedin. He handled the process from start to finish and required little input on my part. He was good at pushing the process (including me when required!) along which was appreciated. Would recommend Eoin to others if I were to be asked.
Richard, Internal Auditor
- +ve points: ~Richard recognised quickly i was available and moved on the opportunity so we got in quick ~He explained everything well at your offices -ve points: ~some of the communications via e-mail were too late reaching me All in all i got the role and hopefully will make a success of it. I am not complaining!
John, Assistant Managerial Accountant
- Richard made my recruitment process seamless and stress free. He was very professional and always kept me up to date along the process. Richard (along with the other employees of Abacus) really stood out from the other recruitment firms I had experienced. I have already recommended him to others seeking a new role, and would continue to do so.
Helen, Reporting Analyst
- My experience with Abacus Recruitment was excellent and I have and would continue to recommend Abacus to anyone in my situation. Anyone within Abacus I spoke with were extremely friendly and gave the impression that they genuinely wanted to do everything they could do get me the job that I wanted. Furthermore, I greatly appreciated that Eoin and Richard were almost always immediately contactable. The turn around from when I first spoke to Eoin to when I got not one but two job offers was astonishing and Eoin's clients connections are largely responsible for that. In closing my experience with Abacus recruitment has only been positive and beneficial.
Simon, Trainee Accountant
- I had an incredibly positive experience with Abacus Professional Recruitment! Eoin was such a great help from the minute he contacted me. Honestly made it such as laid back and pleasant experience for me while he worked hard to prep my CV and discuss meetings with potential employers. He picked out the perfect potential employers for me based on information I had given to him. He also answered every question I asked which was very helpful! Thanks again.
Lauren, Audit Assistant Manager
- Having been employed with my current company for 16 years I hadn't experienced job hunting in a long time but have to say I would definitely recommend going through an agency such as yourselves. The recruitment process started at pace then slowed up considerably before I was offered the job so I did feel a little bit deflated but Eoin rang me and assured me to hang in there. Eoin was great. He kept me in the loop how things were going and gave me feedback from the interviews. It was nice to have a middle man as such and I now feel like I know him personally as we spoke so much. He was a great support to me over the last couple of months.
Tracey, Part Qualified Accountant