Our Latest Business Services Jobs
Job Type: Permanent
Job Type: Permanent
Business Services Jobs in Belfast Northern Ireland
This team responds to a broad range of office professional and support roles throughout Northern Ireland. This includes areas such as Human Resources, Sales, Marketing, Admin and Secretarial, Retail, Procurement and Supply Chain. We have supported a variety of companies to help build their back-office functions and also work closely with them to create a new diverse aspect of their company.
Recent placements have involved:
- HR Director
- Sales and Marketing Director
- Supply Chain Manager
- Document Specialist
- Head of Retail Operations
- Sales Manager
- Research Assistant
- PR and Brand Manager
- Product Specialist
- Customer Engagement Advisor
- Facilities and Communications Manager
- Office Administrator/Manager
- Ecommerce Manager
- Sales Account Executive
- Procurement Specialist
- Senior Buyer
- PA Secretary
- HR Generalist
- Policy Manager
- Training and Development Manager
Challenge – An English-based company moving into Ireland territory found us on Google and wanted to know if we could help them fill a very highly niche sales role, dealing with children with learning difficulties. It was complex; the sales person had to display consultative and empathetic qualities but also assertiveness and determination to promote their products to public bodies in the middle of the deepest recession and period of austerity.
Solution – Rather than bring the client over, we used online video and asked candidates deliver a presentation about the company, the products, the buyer and market. The most suited candidate was so well matched that the client was hesitant to offer the role on the belief that the person knew so much that “he must have been from a competitor”. We assured them and 7 years later, he is bringing great success to the firm and supporting thousands of families throughout Ireland. Well done Stephen.
Challenge – Large global legal firm in Belfast was committed to the appointment of a new Head of Social Marketing but local efforts to recruit directly were failing to generate suitable candidate.
Solution – Abacus provided technical assessments for all shortlisted candidates then each person selected for interview completed a psychometric assessment profile. This helped the company focus on people who matched culture, environment and focus of their business.
Challenge - An International manufacturing company were looking to recruit for someone to join their Sales team (a new role within the company). We met with the client to fully understand the nature of the role and explored how this person would fit into the culture and comprehend the level of resources available to present the brand globally. From the original list of candidate CVs sent, our favourite wasn’t selected for interview!
Solution – We took the risk and challenged this decision, strongly suggesting they interview the applicant. In short, the skills matched perfectly and after two interviews in two days, our recommendation was welcomed. The person won two promotions within 18 months.
- I am the new Director of Business Development, ably assisted by Alex Noble from your team. He really is a great asset for you and was very professional in his work with me.
Veronica, Director of Business Development
- Well, what can I say...just great. Alex Noble is fantastic at his job. He is very professional, easy to get in touch with, understanding, always available and many more. Great asset to your company. I would also like to thank his colleague Aisleen. She phoned me on Monday afternoon as Alex was out of office to inform me that i was successful to the the job I have hoped for. She was also very helpful, friendly and had very warm personality - Great team! Thank you once more for helping me.
- I have had a great experience to date with Abacus. I was impressed with Alex contacting me on a Sunday to arrange an interview. I look forward to working with you in the future.
Anthony, Sales Manager
- Alex was professional and pleasant to deal with. He went above and beyond to keep me well informed and to move things along as fast as was possible. I felt well looked after and he removed a lot of the uncertainties of the usual recruitment process.
Laura, HR Office Manager
- Alex was great he kept me informed all the way through each process I would definitely recommend abacus and Alex in particular to anyone seeking vacancies
Lisa, Store Manager
- I want to thank Abacus for even replying to my original email looking for part time work. I had literally been told by other agents that they "wouldn't be able to work for me" because I don't have direct experience of HR on my CV. Luckily for me, Roisin was able to think outside the box now I'm able to get a foot in the door of my new career. I'll always remember this and will be happy to work with her in years to come (and I have big ambitions).
Clare, Recruitment Administrator
- My experience with Abacus was great - Alex was really pleasant, making contact with me where required including over the August bank holiday weekend when he didn't really have to. There was lots of back and forth for a number of reasons but he was very patient, always quick to respond, kept me updated at every stage and ultimately helped me secure the role. Hope that you have success with your #Belfastforlife campaign - I would have jumped at the chance to be there a few years ago when we made the decision to move back to NI from London in 2014.
Alexandra, HR Generalist
- In terms of yourselves I had an excellent experience with abacus. The process, although long was seamless and I felt like I was informed and kept up to date throughout. Alex was excellent in his role and kept in contact with myself throughout the process. He was friendly and professional throughout the whole process. From my extremely positive experience with Abacus I have recommended yourselves to a friend who is currently looking for a career change. I would like to thank Alex and abacus as a whole for securing this position for me. I will definitely be using Abacus again (hopefully not too soon though).
Stephen, Customer Service Trainer
- I have worked as a temp for multiple different agencies. I found Abacus to be very organised and efficient. I was called soon after I applied, was in the office the same day, started work the next day! I met with Roisin Moss who was very helpful and seems like a very nice person. It might just have been the time I got there, but the office wasn’t hectic like most. Very pleased. (I’m also very much enjoying the temp work).
- I was working with Alex as you are probably aware, from the first meeting through to offer, Alex was exemplary in his professionalism. I have dealt with many recruitment agencies and many different recruitment consultants and I can say with confidence that Alex is by far and away the best I have worked with. He carried out a comprehensive interview to understand what my needs were and then kept me updated on a regular basis of possible opportunities. When an opportunity presented itself he did everything he could to support me and make sure I had the best possible chance of success. Alex is a credit to Abacus Recruitment and I can't thank him enough for his efforts.
Conor, Business Development Executive