WORK FOR US. WORK WITH US
Recruitment boils down to relationships
Abacus is one of Northern Ireland’s most established recruitment brands. We have a multi-award winning service, a high profile presence and an acclaimed approach to recruitment excellence.
This is due to our team, who offer a varied background but a common approach.
We want our brand to be quality-centric and our culture to be enjoyable. We have a model and a platform for people to be successful when it comes to service and results. The door is always open to experienced and inexperienced professionals who want to bring the right attitude and desire to help grow our impact.
LISTEN TO THE ABACUS TEAM
The Abacus team certainly likes to be different from the crowd. Being a multi-award winning recruitment agency; we have an innovative culture which is somewhat different from most sales businesses. We work closely as a team and compete in highly exciting business sectors! Deploying the right strategy we have an exciting future ahead, to live, work and grow NI.
Hear straight from the horse’s mouth… Listen to what the Abacus Team have to say about their current experience working in the Abacus Office:
Abacus People Fit
Abacus Learning & Development
WHAT YOU NEED
Let’s start with the most important issues:
- Your personal attributes should relate to drive and ambition, commitment to consultative selling, tenacity and integrity.
- A blend of being competitive but also a consultative seller.
- You will be working in a very challenging industry, mixing a range of priorities and tasks with endless adjustments to your day.
- A priority client will phone with immediate need.
- A very in-demand candidate is interested in a move back from London.
- You could be managing anything from 20 to 40 active jobs, dealing with dozens of candidates (and varied expectations) in any typical day.
- You will be mixing it with companies who have outstanding employer brands (locally based, nationals or global enterprises).
SO IS IT FOR YOU?
So, your day will involve calling candidates and checking in with clients, managing accounts, managing and filling active jobs and earning excellent sales commission and bonuses.
We offer unconditional support. We contribute to personal and professional courses. We provide in-depth training materials. We provide you with excellent software, hardware and technology solutions to help you work smarter and faster. We provide the space for an entrepreneurial, ambitious and autonomous team.
In terms of benefits, big and little ones are available. Some you won’t think are important but as the Directors are in their forties, they have the experience to know these things are vital:
- Early finishes... and starts!
- Ridiculously generous referral scheme for new starter in Abacus (Hint: its 4 figures)
- Black Tie events and less casual award functions… sometimes with clients and candidates
- Healthy eating (it’s a January thing!)
- Duvet days (influence of some of our American clients!)
- Regular dinners and drinks (sometimes before lunch time, Irish clients!)
- For the fitness freaks, we support ‘cycle to work’ scheme
- Weekend trips throughout NI and Europe (with partner)
- And a few more serious things like company car, Life Cover, Income Protection, Pension Contribution and Health Scheme.
- Plus access to a team-wide Profit / Share Scheme.
WHAT THE JOB INVOLVES
What you will be:
No doubt your job title will play on the words of Consultant or Talent … e.g. Legal Recruitment Consultant, VP of Talent, E-Sourcer of Talent … but ideally you will ultimately be a talented consultant.
We interface between jobseekers and employers. We obtain CVs from across the world (Europe, Asia, Africa and America) with various professionals seeking to consider opportunities throughout NI. We also place people in Dublin, London, and as far as Zurich, Hong Kong and Kenya. We want them to get an experience that is positive, supportive and honest.
We have a very strong network of companies. We deal with leading employers within sectors such as accountancy, law firms, large Top 100 firms, and tech start-ups. Many of the sectors we operate within are high growth areas in Northern Ireland and we have a good position with long established local employers along with some of the newest global FDI entrants to Belfast.
Where you will be:
Based in a very modern open office which make you feel inspired and motivated; complete with the essential coffee machine and relaxation area! The Hot Tub is under serious consideration. Small print – approx. 25 of Belfast’s finest bars and restaurants are within a 2 minute dander.
We want to be a bit different from the crowded market. We have a very positive working culture which is somewhat different from most sales businesses. We work closely as a team and compete in highly exciting business sectors within Northern Ireland. Some would say we offer a collegiate environment.