Our Latest Legal Jobs
Job Type: Permanent
Job Type: Permanent
Legal Jobs in Belfast Northern Ireland
Our legal recruitment team has over 25 years’ experience within the market. We have experience of recruiting Partners, post-qualified Solicitors, specialist Lawyers, newly qualified solicitors. We have provided In-House and General Counsel staff along with legal support staff such as Paralegal, Legal Executive, Legal Secretary, LPO (Managerial and Support jobs). Abacus provides legal staff to local practices, recent FDI companies and large commercial firms. Abacus has a range of Legal Jobs available today.
Recent placements have involved:
- Corporate and Commercial Solicitor
- Commercial Litigation Solicitor
- Dispute Resolution Solicitor
- Litigation Solicitor
- Professional / Medical Negligence
- Director of Legal
- Legal Receptionist
- Banking and Financial Services
- Real Estate / Property
- Employment lawyer
- IP/IT specialist
- Insolvency / Debt Recovery
- Planning and Environmental Solicitor
- Legal Bookkeeper
- Legal Secretary
- Head of Law
- Legal Assistant
Challenge – A large international law company were under immense pressure to quickly establish a new office in Northern Ireland and needed staff at all levels. The company was a large firm but with no local personnel, zero employer brand and no office; but we held several discussions with them on the phone, skype and emails. We even met their VP at an airport! We soon became a brand ambassador.
Solution – We supplied salary tables, data on candidate availability, insight on quality of hire, time to hire and cost of hire, held preliminary interviews (in our office) and managed it throughout. We have now placed over 100 people with them firm and they are one of the best clients we have ever worked with.
Challenge – A large manufacturing company were seeking to recruit a Senior In-House lawyer with strong commercial contracts experience. This role would also involve travel to international offices.
Solution – Abacus presented a shortlist of 10 candidates that met the criteria and also assisted the client with shortlisting (criteria grids). We co-ordinated interviews from candidates that were travelling from outside of NI and ultimately, successfully recruited a very experienced Lawyer.
Challenge – A large local Law firm were keen to hire an experienced Corporate Solicitor with niche talent for Funds. This role was challenging for them to attract the right quality of applicant as it was a Partner designate level appointment.
Solution – Utilising our online presence and our Social Media reach, we reached out to some experienced lawyers relocating from London and after meetings in London and Belfast, the acquisition was successful.
- From making first contact with Roisin she has been so on the ball. Every email was answered swiftly and politely. Nothing has been a problem.
John, Document Reviewer
- It was great dealing with both Glen and Stuart. Stuart especially was extremely knowledgeable in respect of the local market and I really valued his opinions and advice throughout the job hunting process. Unlike some other recruiters I've dealt with, Stuart was always generous with his time and always clearly understood each of the opportunities we discussed. In the past, I have found that some recruiters so not themselves even really fully understand the nature of the roles which they are "selling". I would probably go so far as to say that Stuart is the best recruiter I have ever dealt with - well informed, well connected, responsive and genuine. It's been a pleasure dealing with him.
Claire, Finance Associate
- I have only good feedback, you were extremely good in helping me secure a new job and extremely thorough in providing me with information and keeping me updated. Stuart and Roisin were amazing can't thank them enough.
Ciara, Junior Level Company Secretary
- Roisin was fantastic from start to finish; at all times balancing professionalism with a warm, friendly approach. Effective and reliable, she listened to my particular areas of interest and secured me a good position within a great firm. Not only this but she managed to do this rapidly - within weeks of deciding I wanted to make the jump! I am incredibly grateful and wouldn't hesitate to recommend Abacus' services in the future.
Adele, Document Review Paralegal
- I've put a lot of thought in to what to say and have rewritten it a few times. Honestly Roisin couldn't have done more from me and I am so thankful for it. She was always so upfront and whenever she got in touch with made sure I was completely briefed and knew what I needed to do. When she got in touch with me on Tuesday, I was so surprised but I cannot thank her enough for what she did for me. She helped me get into a career path that I couldn't have done alone. She is an absolute credit to abacus.
Charlotte, Office Junior