Job Type: Permanent
Date Posted: 05/06/2017
Abacus is recruiting for an ‘iXBRL Processor’ on behalf of a renowned independent assurance, tax and advisory firm based in Belfast city centre.
This is a temporary role (3-6 months)
The Processor will be involved in the production of HMRC compliant iXBRL documents. They will work as part of a team, carrying out the tagging of financial statements as instructed. This will involve complete tagging of basic sets of accounts and initial tagging of more complex sets as and when required. They will be required to keep job and line managers advised on progress and promptly inform them of any problems or difficulties.
- Understands that the firm is providing a competitive solution that can be confidently
promoted against other firms.
- Has an awareness of the wide range of services offered by the company.
- Creates a positive impression, dealing with any communications in a professional manner.
- Has an awareness of the firm’s ethical requirements.
- Understands who the ‘client’ is and maintains consistent level of good client service.
- Understands sensitivity of client engagements and maintains client confidentiality.
- Attends departmental and office meetings.
- Presents a professional image of the firm.
- Establishes good working relationships with colleagues.
- Approaches day-to-day tasks with an open mind, is willing to receive constructive feedback on tasks and displays this in later work.
- Must be an active and helpful member of the team.
Operations and results
- Efficiently completes work set by Supervisor/Manager and meets time deadlines accordingly.
- Accurately records time spent and documents reasons for overruns.
- Agrees time allotted for each task and provides regular updates to senior colleagues on progress.
- Makes managers aware as soon as possible when they are available in order to maximise productivity.
- Qualified Accounting Technician or equivalent level of qualification
- Experience of working in an office environment/related work experience
- Experience of using Microsoft packages, internet and email.
- An understanding of the layout of a set of financial statements giving the ability to navigate around them.
- An understanding of the elements that make up the various items in primary statements e.g. Profit and Loss Account, Balance Sheet.
- Awareness of the possible range of notes that may appear in a set of financial statements.
- Experience of preparing financial statements.
Please submit your application or call the specialist consultant in Abacus Recruitment on 028 9031 3157 for a confidential career discussion or explore other jobs in Belfast, Northern Ireland, Dublin or London.
With 100 years’ experience in our team, Abacus is one of NI’s most established recruitment brands. We can advise on jobs, CVs, interviews and salaries across permanent, contract and temporary employment.
If you know someone who wants to move a career to NI, then tell them about www.abacus.jobs/belfastforlife or follow @AbacusJobs