Location: County Antrim
Job Type: Permanent
Salary: £36000.00 - £40000.00
Date Posted: 12/05/2017
ACCOUNTS PAYABLE MANAGER – BELFAST
Who you will be working with:
Abacus Professional Recruitment are working with an international client who has over 30 offices around the world. This firm have a number of jobs in Belfast at present and overall a significant operation in the City Centre employing over 400 people. The company are now looking to appoint an Accounts Payable Manager to join the organisation in a permanent role. The successful candidate will provide leadership and direction to the Accounts Payable and Expenses team.
£36,000 – £40,000 approx. plus Benefits.
What you will do:
The Belfast Finance department provides services to the company’s network of offices covering management and financial accounting & reporting, revenue control (including eBilling), credit control, accounts payable and also tax. This role will be responsible for 2 direct reports leading a collective team of 16 people delivering an accounts payable and expense service to London, Belfast, Luxembourg, Germany, Holland, Belgium, USA and South Africa.
- Provide leadership and direction to the Accounts Payable and Expenses team.
- Ensure the accurate and timely processing of payments to suppliers and expense payments to staff.
- Ensure compliance with taxation requirements of the jurisdictions where an accounts payable service is provided.
- Prioritises work effectively, making realistic compromises where necessary, in order to deliver.
- Leads the team in continually developing technical knowledge within the function and challenges the status quo in the way in which work is performed.
- Become a trusted advisor to stakeholders.
- Supports the Financial Controller implement change in finance, providing constructive advice regarding any new initiatives, and assisting by communicating effectively with their team so that transitions are smooth.
- Ensure continuous improvement of team and the meeting of appropriate performance and efficiency benchmarks.
- Contribute to the management of the risk log for the areas of responsibility.
- Assist with the assimilation of new business and stakeholders into the SSC.
- Participating in internal and external audits, implementing recommendations or remediating as appropriate.
- Recruit, develop, retain and manage staff, delegating tasks appropriately to team leaders to deliver a timely, high quality service to customers and to assist in the personal development of the team.
- Ensure the effective allocation of work, undertaking ad hoc review to ensure a high quality service, as well as being the point of escalation for the client.
- Empower direct reports in areas of responsibility to team lead across service delivery, performance and talent management.
- Set challenging team goals and objectives into individual objectives and holds 1-1 meetings to discuss progress, identifying areas for development. Suggesting specific learning to address development areas, and monitoring progress.
- Manage conflict/frustrations within the team with gravitas, facilitating discussion, conversation and resolution.
What do we look for?
- 5 years experience of managing an AP and Expense function.
- Good standard of Education, desirable up to degree standard.
- Experience of leading a large multi-lingual team in a commercial environment, preferably in a professional partnership.
- Demonstrated track record of successful interaction with senior leaders.
- Experience of managing under KPIs, SLAs and other performance metrics.
- Experience & awareness of in working with customers across differing countries and cultures.
- Strong analytically and methodical in approach.
- Demonstrable experience of analysing problems and proposing solutions.
- Computer literate with experience in Microsoft Office and a complex finance systems.
- Ability to deliver high quality client service through the building of strong trusted advisor relationships with clients and senior management.
- Anticipates the needs of the customer and is able to provide timely solutions, and opinions on complex matters for areas of responsibility.
- Encourage a collaborative working environment.
- Effective manager of self, team and task to ensure quality services are consistently delivered.
- Ability to apply technical knowledge and understand and identify creative solutions to technical issues and pass technical knowledge on to others effectively.
- Ability to drive things forward and implement change at pace.
- Demonstrates high level of professionalism at all times and flexible working approach.
- Agile communicator and able to deliver difficult messages sensitively and resolve conflict.
- Strong leadership and people/team management skills being able to support and encourage others.
- Demonstrate excellent organisational skills with an aptitude to understand new concepts quickly.
+44 (0)28 9031 3157
Please submit your application or call the specialist consultant in Abacus Recruitment on 028 9031 3157 for a confidential career discussion or explore other jobs in Belfast, Northern Ireland, Dublin or London.
With 100 years’ experience in our team, Abacus is one of NI’s most established recruitment brands. We can advise on jobs, CVs, interviews and salaries across permanent, contract and temporary employment.
If you know someone who wants to move a career to NI, then tell them about www.abacus.jobs/belfastforlife or follow @AbacusJobs