Location: County Antrim
Job Type: Permanent
Salary: £24,000 - £27,000
Date Posted: 11/05/2017
ACCOUNTS TECHNICIAN – CARRICKFERGUS
Who you will be working with:
Abacus Professional Recruitment are working with one of the leading Food and Drinks businesses in Northern Ireland to recruit for a Company Accountant to join part of their group business in a permanent, part-time role. Our client has a long history and now have a turnover in excess of £525 million and employ over 2,000 people across Europe.
£24,000 – £27,000 approx.
What you will do:
The principal tasks of the Company Accountant will be to ensure timely production of relevant accounting reports, supervise the office administrator ensuring all duties are fulfilled to standard. To fully develop all IT systems throughout the organisation.
- To produce weekly reports (Profit and Loss, Balance Sheet, Sales Analysis, Delivery Dost Analysis, Raw Material Yields, Stock analysis – by weight and value, analysis of finished goods);
- Produce Monthly Management accounts;
- Liaise with General Manager ref: Stock of finished and raw materials;
- Complete relevant journals and schedules;
- Maintain the Fixed Asset Register;
- Produce bank reconciliations;
- Budget Preparation;
- Oversee the weekly payroll preparation and payment;
- Complete Statutory returns (VAT, Corporation Tax etc.);
- To design / generate adhoc reports for directors etc. when necessary;
- To oversee the credit control function as well as ensuring suppliers are paid promptly;
- To ensure the Office Administrator produces the paper work for the deliveries in a timely manner;
- Liaise with external auditors to finalise published accounts;
- To be responsible for the implementation, maintenance and general upkeep of the Exchequer;
- To maintain and develop further the stock control system;
- To be fully responsible for the EDI system and act as liaison with software support and customers re: problems;
- To be fully responsible for the implementation and maintenance of the Marel system;
- To be responsible for all PC’s within the organisation;
Personnel and Training:
- To ensure induction training and on the job training is carried out for all new starts in your area;
- To ensure that your staff are trained in all aspects of the job and any new requirements thereafter;
- Ensure that standards of work, general rules regarding health and safety, hygiene, conduct etc. are adhered to by team. To initiate and effect remedial action immediately when such rules / standards are not adhered to;
- Upon implementation of the appraisal system to ensure appraisals are conducted according to set deadlines;
- To assist the Personnel Administrator with the recruitment process for any employees in your area;
- Maintain Insurance database for company vehicles;
- Source company cars as required;
- Preparation of Group Invest NI grant;
What do we look for?
- Accounting Technician / Strong finance manager.
- Qualified Accountant / Qualified by experience.
- The company would also consider a strong Accounts Technician to undertake the role on a full-time basis as opposed to part-time.
+44 (0)28 9031 3157
Please submit your application or call the specialist consultant in Abacus Recruitment on 028 9031 3157 for a confidential career discussion or explore other jobs in Belfast, Northern Ireland, Dublin or London.
With 100 years’ experience in our team, Abacus is one of NI’s most established recruitment brands. We can advise on jobs, CVs, interviews and salaries across permanent, contract and temporary employment.
If you know someone who wants to move a career to NI, then tell them about www.abacus.jobs/belfastforlife or follow @AbacusJobs