Location: Republic of Ireland
Job Type: Permanent
Date Posted: 13/03/2018
Are you an experienced sales professional within the medical devices / pharma industry?
Do you have a strong sales record with an ability to win new business?
Would you like to work for a leading company experiencing continued growth?
We have a very exciting opportunity to join a global company with competitive remuneration package. If interested call Alex on 02890 313157 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
About the role
We have an opportunity for an experienced medical device Business Development Manager to join the Ireland team selling into the acute and community sectors within the HSE, Private Hospitals and Equipment Loan Stores within the Patient Handling and Medical Beds and Therapeutic Surfaces product range.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Sell products and solutions to customers to achieve targets and exceed them whenever possible, promoting products and solutions to existing and potential customers by individual sales activities, and in acute care, more group sales activities (eg supporting trials, making presentations and arranging visits to reference sites) and in long-term care, more, negotiating on individual sales with accounts.
- Use Account Planning tools to prepare agreed Account Plans for major accounts, in conjunction with other personnel supporting the account. Liaise with personnel in the same area to coordinate company activities to achieve company objectives.
- Manage the purchasing process, including completing and responding to tenders (in acute care) and purchase requests (in long-term care), working with the Area Sales Manager.
- Monitor and report on personal, customer, market and competitor activities and provide relevant forecasts, reports and information as required directly or within a CRM system.
- If and when required, attend exhibitions and events in the Ireland, UK and possibly overseas.
Essential Skills or Experience:
- Experience in similar role within the medical devices / pharma industry
- Preferred Sales Training, Presentations Training, Negotiating Training.
- It is essential to have a track record of sales success in a similar customer-facing role. Preferred Medical sales experience, Nursing experience, an understanding of medical sector in the Ireland and Administrative experience (eg completing CRM system / forecasting).
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills both over the telephone and face to face. Demonstrating a high level of customer service, professionalism and compassion for others at all times. Confidently handling difficult conversations with customers.
- Able to problem solve and seek solutions logically in challenging situations using initiative and resourcefulness.
- Demonstrate a motivated and passionate approach to work, taking ownership for tasks.
- Planning and organising to manage time, KPI’s and workload effectively.
Please submit your application or call the specialist Abacus consultant 0044 (0) 28 9031 3157 for a confidential career discussion.
Did you know? Abacus are Northern Irelands only rate Recruiter with 4.7 Stars for customer satisfaction on independent review site Feefo.
If you know someone who is returning/re-locating to NI then tell them about www.belfastforlife.com it has all the information that they will need.