Location: County Antrim
Job Type: Permanent
Salary: £60,000 - £75,000
Date Posted: 19/06/2018
– Belfast City Centre
– Salary £60,000 – £75,000 / D.O.E.
This job role is a broad reaching role covering four main aspects
- Shape and deliver the Cloud architecture
- Building of great products
- Evaluate and recommend technologies to use within the Product roadmap.
- Subject Matter Expert on AWS Cloud technologies
- Sign off on software solution designs.
In more detail the Cloud Architect will be responsible for the technology roadmap supporting the product roadmap – defining the technologies required, and release planning to meet the business and market needs. Working with the product team to ensure the underlying software architecture meets the current and future business requirements.
Working closely with the application development team to build a world class product maximising our use of applicable technologies, using Agile development methodologies and modern tooling. Ensuring software designs meet our requirements for security, scalability and quality.
Able to build technology demonstrations.
This role reports into the CTO, and a key technology position within the technology organisation.
- 8 years’ experience in a senior developer or architect role.
- Strong demonstrable experience of AWS – able to show how the various components of AWS can be used to build data rich highly scalable platforms.
- 3+ years of infrastructure and software architecture particularly around AWS.
- Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated leadership skills with a rich blend of analytical, creative, and strategic talents in order to effectively communicate, motivate, and inspire cross-functional teams with professionalism and clarity.
- AWS Certification desired.
Technical Skills – A combination of the skills below;
- 2 years+ Experience with Docker container related technologies such as Kubernetes.
- 4 years+ Experience deploying applications in AWS, Google or Azure.
- Experienced with AWS services or infrastructure architecture.
- Ideally Hands on experience migrate services from private data center into cloud environments.
- Advocate of unit testing, automation and test-driven development.
- Proficient in system design & architecture.
- Experience with software build processes, repository management and branching concepts.
- Demonstrated ability to coordinate cross-functional work teams toward task completion.
- Detailed understanding of Agile software engineering principles and methodologies.
- Solid understanding of server architectures, operating systems & application resource utilization.
- Experience managing full application stacks from the OS up through custom applications.
- Experience with network and file protocols.
- Proven ability to deliver on long and short term projects.
- Proven ability to deliver high-quality software.
Please submit your application or call the specialist Abacus consultant 0044 (0) 28 9031 3157 for a confidential career discussion.
Did you know? Abacus are Northern Irelands only rate Recruiter with 4.7 Stars for customer satisfaction on independent review site Feefo.
If you know someone who is returning/re-locating to NI then tell them about www.belfastforlife.com it has all the information that they will need.