Location: County Tyrone
Job Type: Permanent
Salary: £28000.00 - £35000.00
Date Posted: 27/04/2017
COMMERCIAL ACCOUNTANT – COOKSTOWN
Who you will be working with:
Abacus Professional Recruitment are working with a world-leading manufacturing firm in Co. Tyrone. Our client operate across the globe and have recently announced a £6.8 million investment into their business which will involve a significant number of new jobs. The company have been named as one of Ireland’s best managed companies by Deloitte for eight consecutive years.
£28,000 – £35,000.
What you will do:
Working within the company’s PreSales team, the successful candidate will be responsible for working with the technical, design and sales teams to develop an optimal commercial solution to meet the needs of the customer.
- In partnership with the sales team, create a commercial proposal for the customer based on the technical solution to include;
- Customer pricing.
- Commercial T&Cs.
- Commercial options.
- Work with the sales & technical teams to identify solutions for the Customer to overcome any problems or roadblocks that they may identify.
- Work with the Sales & technical teams to identify opportunities to enhance the offer to the Customer and ensure best value for money for the Customer and for the company.
- Liaise with the Sales and Engineering teams to understand the benefits that the company’s solution can offer the customer compared to competitor’s offerings.
- Review and prepare contractual and tender documents to ensure all implications are fully understood, and included in the commercial proposal offered to the Customer.
- Work with the Sales team to continue to develop the standard format of Pre-Sales documents in order to ensure that the templates best meet the needs of the Customer in the individual regions and sectors.
- Work with the Engineering and Purchasing teams to identify and analyse opportunities for cost reduction and cost standardisation based on observations and feedback from Customers.
- Identify meaningful KPIs for the team and implement processes/process improvements in order to achieve them
- Participate in other continuous improvement activities to enhance product quality, profitability and customer satisfaction.
What do we look for?
- Degree (or equivalent) with a minimum 2.1.
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience in a costing, pricing or commercial role.
- Extensive experience using MS Office, especially MS Excel & MS Word.
- Degree in Accounting / Business / Engineering.
- Qualified or part-qualified accountant.
- 4+ years’ experience in a costing, pricing or commercial role.
- Experience working in a Pre-Sales team.
- Proficient in MS Excel VB.
- Experience of using MS Visio.
- Previous exposure to engineering, manufacturing and factory environments.
- Experience of working to project plans and handling change control.
+44 (0)28 9031 3157
Please submit your application or call the specialist consultant in Abacus Recruitment on 028 9031 3157 for a confidential career discussion or explore other jobs in Belfast, Northern Ireland, Dublin or London.
With 100 years’ experience in our team, Abacus is one of NI’s most established recruitment brands. We can advise on jobs, CVs, interviews and salaries across permanent, contract and temporary employment.
If you know someone who wants to move a career to NI, then tell them about www.abacus.jobs/belfastforlife or follow @AbacusJobs