Location: Northern Ireland
Job Type: Permanent
Salary: £40,000 - £45,000
Date Posted: 02/07/2018
We are recruiting for a Commercial Accountant to join one of Northern Ireland’s best-known brands. A wide ranging role which would give you exposure to senior stakeholders as well as the chance to inform strategic decision making within the business this role can really take your career to the next level.
Key duties and responsibilities include:
- Full Responsibility of Monthly & Quarterly Accounts & Reporting
- Review of the Balance Sheet/P&L on a monthly basis against budgets and forecasts
- Working capital & cash flow analysis
- Preparing monthly board reports with commentary
- Presenting results to senior stakeholders along with commentary on variances to highlight areas of risk
- Management and review of the budgetary process
- Continuous planning in line with business performance. Working closely with key managers across Group to ensure estimates are timely and appropriately reflect financial forecast performance
- Regular communication of results to senior stakeholders
- Overseeing the development and improvement of existing reporting and forecasting models to meet changing business requirements
- Regular review of internal financial controls ensuring they are robust and up to date
- Management of the risks associated with products offered
- Ensuring compliance with regulatory returns
- Work with the Senior Management Team to evaluate and model commercial initiatives and provide insight and direction on key business decisions
- Develop the annual 5 Year Plan along with with the senior management team
- Work with the teams to design and develop systems which support the strategic direction and growth of the business and ensuring that robust processes and controls are in place to protect the financial performance of the business
In order to be considered you must be:
- A Qualified Accountant with at least 3 years PQE
- Have experience to all aspects of the month-end close process
- Strong communication experience and a willingness to challenge senior stakeholders
- Proficient in Accounting software and ERP packages
- Proficient in MS Excel
If you’re a Management Accountant who has been afforded some exposure to commercial decision making and you want to gain more of this invaluable experience. Or if you’re a strong Commercial Accountant seeking a more diverse role then this is the role for you.
Please submit your application or call the specialist Abacus consultant 0044 (0) 28 9031 3157 for a confidential career discussion.
Did you know? Abacus are Northern Irelands only rate Recruiter with 4.7 Stars for customer satisfaction on independent review site Feefo.
If you know someone who is returning/re-locating to NI then tell them about www.belfastforlife.com it has all the information that they will need.