21st April 2017
Location: Belfast Job Type: Permanent Date Posted: 21/04/2017
Are you an experienced compensation professional with strong relationship building skills?
Do you have a strong understanding of compensation processes?
Would you like to work for a global company with an excellent remuneration package?
We have a very exciting opportunity to join a leading company based in Belfast. If interested or would like more information please call Alex on 02890 313157 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
This role reports into the Senior Compensation Manager in Belfast and primarily covers cash compensation for the businesses and infrastructure functions across the EMEA region. The role offers the chance to interact with stakeholders across the EMEA region as well as regular contact with the global compensation team based in the New York. In addition to the business line responsibilities, the role also offers the opportunity to get involved in projects across the cash compensation field and broader reward function.
– Support business through year-end compensation processes including salary and bonus planning
– Provide compensation guidance and advice to HR Business Partners and line managers for business areas supported.
– Understand EMEA remuneration regulatory requirements and support HRBP and Resourcing to align compensation proposals with internal and external policy and governance
– Undertake the job matching process for the business areas supported working with external vendors where appropriate.
– Analyse market data and provide management information reports as agreed with the business area and management.
– Keep abreast of developments in the external compensation market amongst our competitors
– Liaise with Compensation Team in New York to develop, and ensure compliance, with global compensation guidelines.
* Excellent communication skills.
* Detail-oriented, with ability to drill down into detailed business and technical specifics.
* Self-starter with exceptional teamwork and team-building skills.
* Demonstrated ability to work under tight deadlines and deliver in a fast-paced environment.
* Drive and Determination; Demonstrates self-motivation and drive and shows determination to achieve goals.
* Analysis and Problem Solving: Identifies the key issues in situations, analyses the data, recognises the root cause of problems and generates successful solutions.
* Pro-activity and Initiative: Self-starting. Seizes opportunities and acts upon them. Controls events by making suggestions and proposing actions. Completes tasks, projects and plans before being asked.
* Building Relationships: Maintains good relationships with colleagues and builds strong professional networks. Recognises and understands the needs of others, aware of own personal style.
* Innovation and Creativity: Creating new and imaginative approaches to work related issues. Questions traditional approaches and demonstrates creativity in the generation of ideas and vision.
* Communication Skills: Expresses ideas effectively using a range of communication styles, skills and processes.
* Influencing and Persuasiveness: Influences, convinces or impresses others in a way that results in acceptance, agreement or behavioural change.
– A detailed understanding of elements of compensation and the processes used such as base, bonus, stock, etc.
– A detailed understanding of market data survey processes and market data analysis
– Advanced ability to analyse and manipulate large and complex compensation data-sets quickly and accurately, sourcing data from several systems.
– Advanced MS office skills (Excel, Word, PowerPoint etc.)
– HR database skills e.g. PeopleSoft
– Strong interpersonal skills
– Strong team player
– Results oriented and capacity to meet tight deadlines
– High degree of attention to detail required
Please submit your application or call the specialist consultant in Abacus Recruitment on 028 9031 3157 for a confidential career discussion or explore other jobs in Belfast, Northern Ireland, Dublin or London.
With 100 years’ experience in our team, Abacus is one of NI’s most established recruitment brands. We can advise on jobs, CVs, interviews and salaries across permanent, contract and temporary employment.
If you know someone who wants to move a career to NI, then tell them about www.abacus.jobs/belfastforlife or follow @AbacusJobs