05th June 2017
Reference: PROF - 10526
Location: Belfast Job Type: Permanent Salary: £27,500 - £30,000 Date Posted: 05/06/2017
A career in Corporate Finance
This is a role for recently qualified Accountant that really wants to challenge themselves by testing their technical, interpersonal and analytical skills. This is NOT a typical job, it requires the highest levels of professionalism, concentration and dedication in order to be successful.
Those that enter the field of corporate finance and prove successful will ultimately progress to operate at the highest levels across industry. The question is whether you are up for the challenge that this role will continually provide.
About the role
Working within the Financial Due Diligence group you will analyse and validate financial, commercial, operational and strategic assumptions underpinning a deal.
You will gain experience within Transaction Services and understand the nature of Transaction Services products and how an M&A transaction is executed. The role will enable the individual to:
* Build up investigative and deal experience;
* Improve analytical skills and modelling techniques;
* Gain insight into what makes a successful deal including identifying key value drivers and deal breakers;
* Understanding the processes in due diligence work including dealing with risk; and
* Build a career in this field.
* Amount of time client based – 40%
* Need to travel/overnight stays away from home – Yes
* Amount of time office based – 60%
* CAI qualified (or equivalent)
* Good business writing and strong excel skills;
* Strong analytical skills and breadth of commercial awareness
* Preferably prior transactions experience
* A flexible working style.
Big 4 firms…
Finally, having a Big 4 name on your CV will improve your chances of being requested for interview when it comes to competing for the really big jobs.
As a newly qualified CA you are a sought after commodity in the current marketplace. Contact our team to discuss your options.
Please submit your application or call the specialist consultant in Abacus Recruitment on 028 9031 3157 for a confidential career discussion or explore other jobs in Belfast, Northern Ireland, Dublin or London.
With 100 years’ experience in our team, Abacus is one of NI’s most established recruitment brands. We can advise on jobs, CVs, interviews and salaries across permanent, contract and temporary employment.
If you know someone who wants to move a career to NI, then tell them about www.abacus.jobs/belfastforlife or follow @AbacusJobs
028 9099 8455