Job Type: Contract
Salary: £45,000 - £50,000
Date Posted: 28/04/2017
CREDIT MANAGER – 12 MONTH CONTRACT
Abacus Professional Recruitment are looking for experienced Credit Managers to join our client, a well-established international law firm. This international entity has offices across Europe and the US, employing over 5,000 people worldwide. The position of Credit Manager will be based within the company’s Belfast office for a 12 month contract.
£45,000-50,000 pro rata
What you will do:
- Lead and develop the Credit Control function while maintaining the credit and risk profile of the firm in accordance with the firm’s polices.
- To manage the firm’s accounts receivable balances and collections in line with set targets
- Promote an end-to-end understanding of the value that the credit control function delivers to the business, specifically where value is added.
- Lead the credit control team to deliver credit control services according to specifications, schedule, quality, and other customer requirements.
- Ensure that the credit control service is aligned with the strategic/competitive positioning for the business. Ensuring credit control systems and processes support the business’s ability to effectively compete and continue with growth targets.
- Measurable performance and continuous improvement
- Ensure that credit control processes and internal controls follow best practice, are efficient and are continually improved, planning & implementing changes as appropriate;
- Develop stakeholder communications that are tailored to the audience, communicating complex issues clearly and credibly in particular with senior stakeholders;
- Delegates tasks appropriately to team members in order to deliver a timely, high quality service to customers and to assist in the personal development of the individual team members;
- Support the Head of Finance in planning, managing and executing the annual financial audit process, ensuring that all information pertaining to credit control requested by external auditors is produced accurately and in a timely manner
- Oversee the management of the aged debt and provision for bad debt in the statutory accounts
What do we look for?
- Degree level qualification as a minimum
- At least 5 years working as a finance operations manager in a high pressure environment, preferably with a background in professional services
- Member of ICM or equivalent body essential
- Outstanding numeracy and literacy skills
- Computer literate, advanced experience in Microsoft Office and complex finance systems
- Ability to speak languages desirable but not essential
+44 (0)28 9031 3157
Please submit your application or call the specialist consultant in Abacus Recruitment on 028 9031 3157 for a confidential career discussion or explore other jobs in Belfast, Northern Ireland, Dublin or London.
With 100 years’ experience in our team, Abacus is one of NI’s most established recruitment brands. We can advise on jobs, CVs, interviews and salaries across permanent, contract and temporary employment.
If you know someone who wants to move a career to NI, then tell them about www.abacus.jobs/belfastforlife or follow @AbacusJobs