Job Type: Permanent
Date Posted: 26/07/2017
We are delighted to be exclusively representing a UK market leading Financial Technology company who are setting up their prime operations office in Belfast. This is an extremely exciting time for a DevOps Engineer and for Belfast’s technology sector as this company looks to add revolutionary innovative technology to the market. One of the hottest companies in the UK fin-tech market. As the company have a very progressive cutting edge approach to business and technology this makes this opportunity unmissable. This position will suit a real technologist or experienced DevOps Engineer with server release environments experience on both premise and cloud.
Responsible for a mix of development and operational related activities needed to support digital initiatives. Develop, automate, maintain, extend software components to ensure performance, quality and facilitate rapid, reliable deployment of new features for a wide range of platforms, using Agile processes.
- Responsible for a mix of development and operational related activities needed to support different services and its digital initiatives.
- Develop, maintain, extend software components to ensure quality and facilitate rapid, reliable deployment of new features for a wide range of Platforms, using Agile processes.
- Determine test effort and resources needed for performance and/or automation.
- Develop automation tools used to build, integrate, and deploy software releases to Linux and Windows platforms.
- Design and build Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery pipelines.
- Selection and Support of configuration management and deployment automation tools
- Automate the creation of development, test, performance, and live environments.
- Experience with one or more DevOps, Orchestration/Configuration Management and Continuous Integration technology (e.g. Python/C#/Java, Jenkins,, Git, Microsoft PowerShell).
- Experience with one or more Web and Application Server technologies (e.g. IIS, Apache Tomcat, Glassfish, etc.).
- Experience designing, building, and operating distributed complex software systems.
- Experience working in Windows Server 2012+, Redhat Linux 6.0+, and OpenStack.
- 3+years working with both on-premise and cloud based platforms
- Docker container related technologies such as Kubernetes.
- Deploying applications in AWS, Google or Azure.
- Familiarity with AWS services or infrastructure architecture.
- Hands on experience migrate services from private data centre into cloud environments.
- Advocate of unit testing, automation and test-driven development.
- Proficient in system design & architecture.
- Detailed understanding of Agile software engineering principles and methodologies.
- Experience managing full application stacks from the OS up through custom applications.
- Experience with network and file protocols including HTTP, SFTP, XML, HTML, etc.
Please submit your application or call the specialist consultant in Abacus Recruitment on 028 9031 3157 for a confidential career discussion or explore other jobs in Belfast, Northern Ireland, Dublin or London.
With 100 years’ experience in our team, Abacus is one of NI’s most established recruitment brands. We can advise on jobs, CVs, interviews and salaries across permanent, contract and temporary employment.
If you know someone who wants to move a career to NI, then tell them about www.abacus.jobs/belfastforlife or follow @AbacusJobs