Job Type: Permanent
Salary: £40,000 - £50,000
Date Posted: 30/08/2017
Build and Release | AWS | Docker | Ansible
Belfast City Centre
Responsible for a mix of development and operational related activities needed to support Rewards services and its digital initiatives. Develop, automate, maintain, extend software components to ensure performance, quality and facilitate rapid, reliable deployment of new features for a wide range of Reward platforms, using Agile processes.
Manage the development/UAT/Production environments from a deployment perspective, working with the operations team regarding security, scalability and reliability. Work with the developers to ensure a smooth build and deployment environment / workflow.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or equivalent experience.
- 3+ years of experience with one or more DevOps, Orchestration/Configuration Management and Continuous Integration technology (e.g. Python/C#/Java, Jenkins,, Git, Microsoft PowerShell).
- 3+ years of experience with one or more Web and Application Server technologies (e.g. IIS, Apache Tomcat, Glassfish, etc.).
- 3+ years experience designing, building, and operating distributed complex software systems.
- 3+ years working in Windows Server 2012+, Redhat Linux 6.0+, and OpenStack.
- 3+years working with both on-premise and cloud based platforms
- Continuous improvement of devops skills.
- Ensure to Carryout Peer Reviews as required, and the Work is Peer Reviewed.
- Updates job knowledge by studying state-of-the-art devops tools, programming techniques, and computing equipment; participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks.
- Prepares and installs solutions by determining and designing system specifications, standards, and programming.
- Protects operations by keeping information confidential.
- Supporting and enhancing existing applications.
- Maintain standards compliance.
- Provide assistance to testers and support personnel as needed to determine system problems.
- Document code consistently throughout the development process by listing a description of the program, special instructions, and any changes made in database tables on procedural, modular and database level.
- Manage remaining estimates of tickets worked on, and escalate any delays in tickets ASAP.
- Keep manager and team members informed of progress and impediments.
Technical Skills (3+ Years)
- Experience with Docker container related technologies such as Kubernetes.
- Experience deploying applications in AWS, Google or Azure.
- Familiarity with AWS services or infrastructure architecture.
- Hands on experience migrate services from private data center into cloud environments.
- Advocate of unit testing, automation and test-driven development.
- Proficient in system design & architecture.
- Experience with software build processes, repository management and branching concepts.
- Demonstrated ability to coordinate cross-functional work teams toward task completion.
- Detailed understanding of Agile software engineering principles and methodologies.
- Experience with Scaled Agile Framework for Enterprises (SAFe).
- Solid understanding of server architectures, operating systems & application resource utilization.
- Experience managing full application stacks from the OS up through custom applications.
- Experience with network and file protocols including HTTP, SFTP, XML, HTML, etc.
- Proven ability to deliver on long and short term projects.
- Proven ability to deliver high-quality software.
Keywords: DevOps, DevOps Engineer, Build and Release Engineers, Configuration Engineer, Cloud Platform, AWS, Ansible, Docker, CloudOps, Dev Ops.
Please submit your application or call the specialist consultant in Abacus Recruitment on 028 9031 3157 for a confidential career discussion or explore other jobs in Belfast, Northern Ireland, Dublin or London.
With 100 years’ experience in our team, Abacus is one of NI’s most established recruitment brands. We can advise on jobs, CVs, interviews and salaries across permanent, contract and temporary employment.
If you know someone who wants to move a career to NI, then tell them about www.abacus.jobs/belfastforlife or follow @AbacusJobs