Job Type: Permanent
Date Posted: 01/11/2018
We at Abacus are seeking a document specialist to assist our client in producing high-quality documents, ensuring that all work is completed efficiently, accurately and to the highest standard within defined time frames using all resources and applications efficiently.
Our client, A global leading law practice is looking for the ideal candidate to build solid external working relationships through proactive communication with the department’s clients (lawyers, PAs, paralegals and other support staff). To build and maintain good working relationships with other teams in Document Services and Business Services, both in Belfast and London and to build solid internal relationships through proactive communication with third parties.
Role and Responsibilities:
- To produce or amend documents to the highest standards possible with accuracy and in a timely manner. This will be mainly using MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint but could also include other software applications as appropriate
- To communicate with the department’s clients to clarify queries and manage their expectations
- Effective resolution of all client-related concerns and queries, escalating as necessary
- Demonstrate professionalism in dealing with difficult client situations, assessing the best course of action to resolve the issue, promoting best practice in our policies and procedures
- To organise day-to-day department workflow in rotation with others, as follows:
- To book in work, following the agreed booking-in procedure, working with the department’s clients and the Bridge to take instructions, clarify queries and renegotiate deadlines as appropriate
- To schedule work appropriately to the on-site, off-site or outsourced teams, following department administrative and technical procedures and using all available technology
- To liaise with other Document Services departments to manage departmental deadlines to keep workloads under active review and ensure that deadlines are not at risk of being missed, and to follow procedures to ensure clients are informed of any potential issues
- To be flexible with regards to work location and working hours. It may sometimes be a requirement to work in the London office for special projects and meetings. Although training will be provided on shift whenever possible, it may sometimes be necessary to attend certain training courses off shift
- To be flexible in undertaking these duties and any other duties as required
- Legal or similar professional services experience preferred
- Experience/understanding of the principles of effective workflow management
- Experience working on complex documents in client and deadline driven environment
- Advanced technical skills – Microsoft Office essential
- An awareness and understanding of the needs of the business and the ability to proactively suggest how these should be met
- Excellent written and oral communication
- Good organisational skills, with the ability to prioritise and manage own workload
- Excellent client service skills
- Flexible and proactive approach
- Committed to personal development
- A good team player
What to expect:
- Competitive basic salary + premium hours payment
- Excellent company benefits
- Opportunity to work with a leading market player
***Please note the working patterns for this role are: Monday to Friday 5pm to 1am***
Please submit your application or speak to a specialist consultant in Abacus on 02890313157 for a confidential career discussion. Did you know? Abacus is NI’s only Highly Rated Recruiter with 4.5 Stars for customer satisfaction (Independent review site Feefo).
If you think you have the right skills to join our team, then get in touch. If you know someone returning/re-locating to NI then www.belfastforlife.com holds the information on quality of life, cost of living etc.