05th April 2017
Location: Belfast Job Type: Contract Date Posted: 05/04/2017
Do you have senior advisory HR/ER experience in a fast paced environment?
Have you got excellent up to date employment law knowledge?
Would you like to work for a leading professional services company with excellent career opportunities?
We have a very exciting role based in Belfast within a large HR / ER team. If interested please call Alex on 02890 313157 or email email@example.com
To provide advice to selected HR teams on ER issues and policy; and develop appropriate ER strategies.
To work with the UK and EMEA HR population in implementing HR policy/practice.
* This role will have client coverage responsibilities.
* This role will have an EMEA wide focus and the post holder will also be responsible for a dedicated group of countries within the region.
* The role will also provide support to those country HROs it faces off to on an as needs basis.
* Provide expert, pragmatic and commercial advice to specified HR teams and where necessary directly to clients on managing ER issues, and the application of policy, custom and practice in conjunction with in-house legal where necessary.
* Partner with HR Teams in order to anticipate and advise on their potential ER issues, support any business specific initiatives and to develop business appropriate ER strategy.
* Provide ER support to a cluster of countries within the region, including chairing quarterly cluster calls.
* Provide support and guidance to specified country HROs in relation to ER or policy issues.
* Take the lead in various working groups to develop new policies, documentation, practices and systems
* Input into projects within the UK and EMEA (both HR and business led) to ensure that the ER implications are considered and managed.
* Take a lead on and roll out Global ER projects and policies on an UK/EMEA wide basis.
* Provide proactive ER advice in relation to major HR initiatives e.g. downsizing, acquisitions, business transfers, divestitures.
* Undertake internal ER trend analysis and make appropriate recommendations.
* Represent the business on external ER forums.
* Design and deliver ER training interventions for the EMEA HR community and business managers relating to the implementation of new policies, procedures, employment legislation, and best practice, in addition to ad hoc training in order to upskill HR community.
* Extensive experience within an HR/ER related environment operating at a senior advisory level with a fast paced environment.
* Thorough working knowledge and level of expertise of employee relations issues.
* Proven track record in managing complex ER cases and providing advice and direction to senior HR and business managers.
* Excellent up to date employment law knowledge.
* Good understanding of the various specialist areas. within HR and their role/importance.
* Experience of working in a highly complex, international, matrixed organisation.
* Microsoft Office – all packages
* Knowledge of Peoplesoft and/or other HR systems
* Undergraduate degree, preferably with a further degree/studies in HR/Employment Law, plus relevant work experience
* Exceptional candidates who do not meet these criteria may be considered for the role provided they have the necessary skills and experience.
* Resilient individual with the ability to make the right decisions and defend them.
* Ability to make an assessment as to when to engage internal legal partners on ER issues.
* Ability to analyse and concisely explain both verbally and in writing legislative and/or policy changes.
* Ability to deal with ambiguity.
* Excellent communication skills, both in writing and orally.
* Ability to influence at all levels to ensure the right decisions are made and deadlines are achieved.
* Excellent attention to detail.
* Highly self motivated individual able to work autonomously.
* Excellent team working skills.
* Self starter with high output capabilities.
* Ability to multi-task within a demanding environment.
Please submit your application or call the specialist consultant in Abacus Recruitment on 028 9031 3157 for a confidential career discussion or explore other jobs in Belfast, Northern Ireland, Dublin or London.
With 100 years’ experience in our team, Abacus is one of NI’s most established recruitment brands. We can advise on jobs, CVs, interviews and salaries across permanent, contract and temporary employment.
If you know someone who wants to move a career to NI, then tell them about www.abacus.jobs/belfastforlife or follow @AbacusJobs