Job Type: Permanent
Date Posted: 16/08/2018
Are you a driven events professional looking an exciting challenge?
Do you have strong stakeholder engagement experience with an ability to increase business?
Would you like to work within a growing company with excellent career opportunities?
We have a fantastic new role with a company going through a sustained period of growth. If interested or would like more information please call Alex on 02890 313157 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
The successful candidate will work closely with the Business Development Manager and will take responsibility for event logistics at events across multiple Belfast locations.
This is an exciting role and the community and events executive will be responsible for delivering network events, building relationships with members and providing a collaborative working environment. These events range from wellness & CSR, educational workshops and business advisory.
- Support the Business Development Manager to create and manage a programme of events.
- Ensure the complete administration and execution of all planned events
- Prepare event space to required standards, assisting with room set-up, AV requirements and catering
- Identify opportunities to connect members and build the community
- Communicate with wider team any member-related issues and work together to solve and exceed member expectations
- Support marketing team with social media at events/community initiatives
- Represent business in line with company’s culture and values
- Promote and build member engagement and attendance at events and wellness programme
- Promote and build member engagement with online members portal
- Liaise with other teams within the organisation regularly to optimise member experience, ensure smooth running of events and to develop the online members portal
The Ideal Candidate will:
- Have previous experience working within hospitality, particularly in events
- Be comfortable communicating and developing relationships up to CEO level
- Flexibility – capacity to oversee events out of normal business hours.
- Excellent time management, attention to detail and a hands-on approach
- Communication skills – outgoing, warm personality with a passion for networking. Ability to engage, influence and warm a room.
- Digitally savvy – support marketing team in managing social media channels and online community to create relationships and ultimately grow the company’s online brand
- As a key representative and “face” of the business, the perfect candidate will be highly professional, well presented, outgoing and warm, friendly and approachable in line with the culture of the business
Please submit your application or call the specialist Abacus consultant 0044 (0) 28 9031 3157 for a confidential career discussion.
Did you know? Abacus are Northern Irelands only rate Recruiter with 4.7 Stars for customer satisfaction on independent review site Feefo.
If you know someone who is returning/re-locating to NI then tell them about www.belfastforlife.com it has all the information that they will need.