Job Type: Permanent
Date Posted: 27/03/2018
Do you have experience in facilities, events or meeting coordination?
Would you like to work in one of Belfast’s leading global law firms?
We are currently recruiting for a Facilities Assistant on behalf of one of our market-leading legal clients based in Belfast City Centre. Supporting the Building Operations Manager, you will play in a part in delivering an effective and efficient Facilities function in Belfast, compliant with relevant legislation and regulations.
What you will be doing:
- Provide support with general office management (including meeting room set up, checking tidiness and cleanliness of the reception area, private offices and all other areas) and escalate any issues.
- Log and report all technical faults, arranging all office equipment fixtures and fittings and monitoring progress.
- Assist with the coordination and supervision of the work of contractors on site.
- Assist with the supply, stock, maintenance and storage of all office supplies, equipment and furniture.
- Coordinate small-scale local office projects and other office-related initiatives.
- Coordinate seating and furniture arrangements for joiners, leavers, movers and visitors.
- Handle incoming and outgoing mail, record management and undertake document printing, copying, scanning and binding
- Manage security pass access control system for members of the team, visitors and contractors.
- Oversee the closed circuit television system, office heating and air conditioning systems.
- Coordinate the use of car parking spaces.
- Facilitate out-of-hours and weekend access to the building and office.
- Coordinate office and building health & safety audits.
- Assist with the development and monitoring of the Facilities/Operations budgets for the Belfast office.
- Update office services intranet pages for the Belfast office.
- Support the arrangements for meetings and other functions.
- Provide other administrative and operational assistance to the Belfast office as required.
- Assist with ensuring that health and safety requirements are met and that facilities comply with relevant legislation.
- Assist with ensuring compliance with office and firm wide ISO accreditations (e.g. ISO 50001 Energy Management, ISO 27001 Information Security).
- Comply with risk management obligations and responsibilities in accordance with the firm’s policies and procedures.
What you will have:
- GCSE English and Mathematics.
- 1 year of experience in office operations or similar role (e.g. facilities, events or meeting co-ordination, health and safety).
- IT literate, particularly Microsoft Office packages (to include Outlook, Word, Excel & PowerPoint).
- Degree in Business and Administration or other relevant field would be desirable
- National Examination Board in Occupational Safety and Health (NEBOSH) qualification also desirable
If you’re interested in this role, send your CV or call Aisleen on 02890313157
Please submit your application or call the specialist Abacus consultant 0044 (0) 28 9031 3157 for a confidential career discussion.
Did you know? Abacus are Northern Irelands only rate Recruiter with 4.7 Stars for customer satisfaction on independent review site Feefo.
If you know someone who is returning/re-locating to NI then tell them about www.belfastforlife.com it has all the information that they will need.