Job Type: Permanent
Date Posted: 02/01/2019
You will play an integral role within the dynamic UK Finance function and be responsible for the consolidation and production of Retail UK MI across all business functions.
You will have the opportunity to interact with a broad spectrum of colleagues across the Business Group.
- Preparation of various Retail UK management reports.
- The consolidation of information from Financial Control, Business Partners and Forecasting teams.
- Implementing appropriate controls to ensure all data is consistent and accurate.
- Reconciliation of forecast inputs from various sources into a consolidated UK view.
- Drafting of papers for the Board and various committees to support effective decision making.
- Adherence to deadlines at all times.
- Working with the above teams to ensure that MI is continually optimised and best practices are used.
- Analysis and identification of key trends in both actual and forecast data.
- Demonstration of an ability to clearly and concisely summarise large volumes of data for reporting purposes, both actuals and forecast. Capable of positively influencing others, communicating effectively and working collaboratively as part of the UK Finance team
Management & Leadership
- Ability to cultivate effective working relations with colleagues from varying functional areas to collectively develop and deliver robust solutions for various internal and external stakeholders.
- Ability to communicate effectively with both internal and external stakeholders.
- Use of initiative and to take a proactive approach to achieve success
Essential skills & experience:
- Demonstrated Financial & Analytical skills.
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of technical accounting application and financial statements.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- IT skills particularly with regard to data analysis (Excel) & presentation (PowerPoint and Word)
- Either newly qualified accountant or 5 years experience in a finance function in a bank
For further information and a confidential chat regarding this role and your next career move please get in contact with Aine Ryan at The Abacus Group on 028 90 995 221 or click the Apply button.
Please submit your application or speak to a specialist consultant in Abacus on 02890313157 for a confidential career discussion. Did you know? Abacus is NI’s only Highly Rated Recruiter with 4.5 Stars for customer satisfaction (Independent review site Feefo).
If you think you have the right skills to join our team, then get in touch. If you know someone returning/re-locating to NI then www.belfastforlife.com holds the information on quality of life, cost of living etc.