Location: County Antrim
Job Type: Permanent
Salary: £50000.00 - £60000.00
Date Posted: 26/04/2017
FINANCE MANAGER (SENIOR APPOINTMENT) – BELFAST
Who you will be working with:
Abacus Professional Recruitment are working with an international client who has over 30 offices around the world. This firm have a significant operation in Belfast City Centre employing over 400 people. The company are now looking to appoint a senior level Finance Manager to join the organisation in permanent role. The incumbent with join the finance leadership team and will look to drive forward the company’s values and vision.
£50,000 – £60,000 approx. plus Benefits.
What you will do:
You will be responsible for the monthly management accounting, annual budget planning and setting, including reforecasts, and statutory accounting for stakeholders. In a stable state the role has 4 direct reports.
- Manage the month end reporting process for London, Belfast SSF, Belfast LSC, New York, Washington DC and South Africa, utilizing thorough planning to organize the Management Accounting team effectively to deliver the outputs in an efficient manner within a clear timeframe.
- Ensure that accounting processes and internal controls follow best practice and are continually improved, planning & implementing changes as appropriate.
- Develops stakeholder communications that are tailored to the audience, communicating complex issues clearly and credibly in particular with senior stakeholders.
- Leads the team in continually developing technical financial accounting knowledge and challenging the status quo in the way in which their work is produced.
- Plan, manage and execute the annual budgetary process. Leading the Management Accounting team to ensure financial data is accurately captured in Cognos and 3E systems.
- Key role in any re-budgeting or re-forecasting activities.
- Plan, manage and execute the annual financial audit process, ensuring that all information requested by external auditors is produced accurately and in a timely manner.
- Oversee the production of the statutory accounts of the entities for which the Belfast Management Accounting team is responsible, reviewing the work of the management accountants.
- Become a trusted advisor to Budget holders (typically operational teams), business managers (finance representatives in the fee earning groups) and key members of other Finance teams.
- Manages team of Management Accountants, allocating work effectively, undertaking review to ensure a high quality service and being a point of escalation for issues from both the team and the client.
- Assists team members to translate team goals and objectives into individual objectives and holds 1-1 meetings to discuss progress, identifying areas for development. Suggesting specific learning to address development areas, and monitoring progress.
- Manage conflict/frustrations within the team with gravitas, facilitating discussion, conversation and resolution.
- Identifies the skills of individual team members and is able to plan workloads accordingly to maximize outputs.
- Ability to deliver high quality client service through the building of strong trusted advisor relationships with clients and also senior management.
- Demonstrate strong leadership and people and team management.
- Good communicator, being able to deliver difficult messages sensitively, resolve conflict, influence and persuade others effectively and tailor conversations to non-financial orientated individuals/teams.
What do we look for?
- Member of recognised accounting body as a qualified accountant, with at least 5 years post qualification experience.
- Experience in a finance function in a commercial environment.
- Strong numeracy and literacy skills.
- Computer literate with experience in Microsoft Office and a complex finance systems.
+44 (0)28 9031 3157
Please submit your application or call the specialist consultant in Abacus Recruitment on 028 9031 3157 for a confidential career discussion or explore other jobs in Belfast, Northern Ireland, Dublin or London.
With 100 years’ experience in our team, Abacus is one of NI’s most established recruitment brands. We can advise on jobs, CVs, interviews and salaries across permanent, contract and temporary employment.
If you know someone who wants to move a career to NI, then tell them about www.abacus.jobs/belfastforlife or follow @AbacusJobs