Job Type: Permanent
Salary: £24,000 - £25,000
Date Posted: 27/04/2018
Finance Officer- Belfast City Centre
Who are we working with?
Abacus Professional Recruitment are currently working alongside an exciting cultural Organisation. Due to significant growth in recent years and expected continued growth the Organisation are seeking to employ an experienced Finance Officer.
Hours of Work: 37 hours
Monday to Friday 9-5pm, Flexible working hours offered
In your new role you will perform the following duties:
- Processing invoices for payment via BACS;
- Entering invoices onto Pegasus accounting software;
- Checking invoices and VAT calculations;
- Posting all payments to Pegasus accounting software;
- Assist Management with reporting as and when required
- Updating finance/invoice spreadsheets with the payment and invoice details;
- Issuing payment and remittance letters to payees;
- Issuing receipts for payments received.
- Preparation of Daily & Monthly bank reconciliation statements for the company;
- Reconciling and filing statements as appropriate;
- Managing and maintaining a filing system appropriate for reference purposes and audit checks.
- Prepare monthly reports and budget information
- Completion of Monthly Verification Report for Sponsor Departments.
- Production of month end reports and journals in line with procedure;
- Providing assistance to Finance department for internal and external audits.
- To be responsible, with the Management Accountant for managing the fixed assets and inventories of the Company’s premises;
- Maintaining the Agency’s Fixed Assets Register and Inventory;
- To be responsible for salary payments to the company members and staff;
- Processing monthly payroll for Northern and Southern staff;
- Completion of year end payroll and submission to HMRC adhering to strict deadlines;
- Updating Salaries spreadsheet with Payroll software summary sheets;
- Processing monthly payments to staff in respect of net salaries;
- Ensuring HMRC payments are processed;
- Filing appropriate documentation.
- Assisting with pension submissions and monthly employee payments
- Checking and maintaining petty cash float for the Agency;
- Processing petty cash report
- Maintaining documentation in relation to petty cash;
Must have over 3 years experience working within a finance office
Must have 5 GCSE including English and Maths
Must be able to demonstrate knowledge and experience to align with Finance Officer duties described above.
IATI Qualification desirable but not essential
Please submit your application or call the specialist Abacus consultant 0044 (0) 28 9031 3157 for a confidential career discussion.
Did you know? Abacus are Northern Irelands only rate Recruiter with 4.7 Stars for customer satisfaction on independent review site Feefo.
If you know someone who is returning/re-locating to NI then tell them about www.belfastforlife.com it has all the information that they will need.