Location: Northern Ireland
Job Type: Permanent
Salary: £40,000 - £45,000
Date Posted: 29/06/2018
We are looking for a Financial Controller to join one of Northern Ireland’s most well-known local businesses. Managing a small finance team, reporting into the Finance Director, this is an excellent opportunity for junior Financial Controllers seeking guidance, or aspiring Financial Controllers seeking an environment of both autonomy and mentoring.
Key duties include, but are not limited to:
- Working closely with the FD to ensure the continual provision of accurate and commercially useful financial information to drive company performance
- Working closely with the FD to prepare annual budgets and forecasts
- Ensure robust internal processes, procedures and internal controls are maintained within the business. Maintain a culture of tight financial control in line with group requirements.
- Provide accurate information to the FD and senior management to improve strategic decision making capabilities.
- Responsibility for the production of monthly income statement and balance sheet information in line with Group reporting requirements and deadlines. Ensure the company is fully compliant in accordance with group requirements.
- Responsibility for the production of monthly commercial financial information in order to measure performance versus plan and to support decision making.
- Provide a Business Partnering service to senior stakeholders.
- Develop and maintain procedures to ensure the balance sheet of the company is robust with all key balance sheet line items reconciled on a monthly basis.
- Cash-flow forecasting and analysis.
- Lead in the preparation of annual financial budgets and forecasts.
- Preparation of the annual Financial Statements of the company and be the lead point of contact with external auditors
- Lead in the preparation of the periodic financial reporting requirements
- Lead in the completion of statutory returns
- Authorise supplier payments
- Assist the FD and senior management with the provision of strategic financial information and advice with respect to capital expenditure projects
- Drive performance improvement within the finance team through effective management
- Manage the company’s Payroll process
- Ensure the company is fully compliant with all relevant tax regulations
- Ensure the company is compliant with tax authority reporting and filing requirements for all taxes, including Corporation tax.
- Lead continuous review of internal control processes
- Identify opportunities for process improvement and increased efficiency across the finance team.
In order to be considered for this position you must be:
- A Qualified Accountant with at least 3 years post-qualified experience
- Experienced managing a team (driving performance improvement, supervising and reviewing workloads etc.)
- Detail oriented with a methodical and meticulous approach to your work
- Proficient on software and financial reporting systems (Sage, SAP, Oracle etc.)
If you’re a junior FC seeking guidance and support from an experienced FD or you’re a qualified Accountant aspiring to take that next step, then this is the role for you!
Please submit your application or call the specialist Abacus consultant 0044 (0) 28 9031 3157 for a confidential career discussion.
Did you know? Abacus are Northern Irelands only rate Recruiter with 4.7 Stars for customer satisfaction on independent review site Feefo.
If you know someone who is returning/re-locating to NI then tell them about www.belfastforlife.com it has all the information that they will need.