Location: Northern Ireland
Job Type: Permanent
Salary: £45,000 - £55,000
Date Posted: 08/03/2018
We are recruiting on behalf of global FDI organisation based in Belfast city centre as they embark on an exciting next phase of recruitment as they seek to appoint a Financial Reporting & Control Manager to their ranks. Fantastic opportunity for a Qualified Accountant to join a high-growth organisation who are already becoming a major player in the Belfast employer market place.
Key duties include:
- Monthly close the books activities including balance sheet reconciliations and review; accruals; prepayments; depreciation/amortisation and other accounting entries arising; operational accounting processes including inventory control and cost accounting
- Challenge and follow up on reconciling items, ensuring explanation and actions arising are completed.
- Communicating the impact of various accounting entries on management reporting
- Check the integrity of the sub-ledger accounting entries being driven from the operational accounting teams.
- Preparation of statutory accounts across a number of entities to an agreed time frame
- Working closely with the internal controls team to ensure that robust internal control mechanisms are adhered to and regularly updated
- Preparing for year-end audit, liaising with auditors, assisting in their queries to ensure a smooth audit process.
- Adhering to financial reporting standards, and ensuring self and team remain up to date on current technical requirements.
In order to be considered you must meet the essential criteria. Applicants who don’t meet the essential criteria will not be considered.
- PQE experience in delivering financial reporting and control services.
- Experience in implementing/maintaining/testing SOX controls;
- Experience in delivering to audit requirements
- Experience using complex ERP systems
- Must have experience in a shared-service/multi-national environment
- Experience of managing medium sized teams (15-30)
- Experience of managing multiple internal and external stakeholders in order to deliver against requirements
- Strong commercial acumen and business specific experience
Please submit your application or call the specialist Abacus consultant 0044 (0) 28 9031 3157 for a confidential career discussion.
Did you know? Abacus are Northern Irelands only rate Recruiter with 4.7 Stars for customer satisfaction on independent review site Feefo.
If you know someone who is returning/re-locating to NI then tell them about www.belfastforlife.com it has all the information that they will need.