Job Type: Permanent
Date Posted: 07/03/2018
Do you have a degree in Food Technology / Science?
Do you have 3 years experience in a Food Technical role?
Would you like to work for one if NI’s leading FMCG companies?
We are currently recruiting for a Food Safety & Quality Coordinator on behalf of our client based in Duncrue. This is an important role for the company whereby the successful candidate will ensure that all Food Safety & Quality activities are effectively managed and coordinated across the business.
What you will be doing:
- Operating to the prescribed protocols as set out under the Standard Operation Protocols.
- Liaising with Operations regarding the day-to-day adherence to the Food Safety & Quality standards.
- Ensuring adherence to HACCP pre-requisite programme.
- Completion of Food Safety training.
- Support Quality Management and Document Management of site against legislative requirements and issue Corrective Action Reports based on findings
- Carry out scheduled supplier and store visits to check elements of their food safety and quality system.
- Perform product testing/auditing at chill backdoor in accordance with agreed testing schedules, procedures & specifications.
- Completion of quality assessments on products.
- Liaise cross-functionally and internally with Operations, re-order, Sales, Trading and externally with suppliers and retailers on food safety and quality issues.
- Completion of Project work as directed by the Food Safety and Quality Team to improve Food Safety and Quality initiatives within the business
What you will have:
- Degree in Food Technology / Science
- Min 3 years in Food Technical role
- Internal Auditing Qualification
- Level 3 HACCP Qualification
- Effective communication
- Adaptive to changing environmental conditions
- Logical, problem solving approach to issues where required
- Communication skills conveying technical information and concepts in verbal, written and presentation format
Please submit your application or call the specialist Abacus consultant 0044 (0) 28 9031 3157 for a confidential career discussion.
Did you know? Abacus are Northern Irelands only rate Recruiter with 4.7 Stars for customer satisfaction on independent review site Feefo.
If you know someone who is returning/re-locating to NI then tell them about www.belfastforlife.com it has all the information that they will need.