Job Type: Permanent
Date Posted: 20/04/2018
Global Product Manager (DevOps) needed to join a global financial firm, who have a small presence in Belfast City Centre. This is an ideal job for someone who wants international working exposure, FinTech experience and a long term career where you will not be seen as just a number, but a valued member of the Belfast team who has enhanced responsibilities.
Salary & Benefits:
- Highly competitive salary above many other similar roles in Belfast
- Work from home flexibility
- Monday – Friday (no weekend or on call)
- Yearly bonus, Private Healthcare, Solid Pension
- Lead a global team of professionals responsible for supporting applications at the company
- Provide input into the design and development of system architecture, working closely with Application Development to ensure ‘supportability’ is a fundamental building block in the design process.
- Develop and maintain procedures and support documentation to resolve system faults with internal applications, acting as the Level 2 Support organisation.
- Manage all job creation, scheduling and maintenance; In addition, job development for all utility processing. Business logic automation (e.g. scripts/batch jobs) would be designed/built by development teams with guidance/framework (error handling, etc.) from Application Support.
- Windows, Linux (RedHat)
- Microsoft SQL Server; Postgres; Oracle, AWS Athena
- Hybrid Public Cloud (AWS) and On-Prem Virtualized Environment (VMWare)
- Monitoring Tools (SCOM, SumoLogic, eG Monitor, Zabbix)
- Experience with one or more of the following programming languages: Java, C/C++, Perl, Python, PowerShell
- Understanding of ITIL foundation (Incident, Problem, Change) methodologies
What you need:
- 9+ years’ experience working in a support/development environment
- Prior experience building, managing and leading global teams
- Superb attention to detail and a strong commitment to quality; High levels of personal commitment, professionalism and integrity
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team-oriented, collaborative / matrix environment is important
Please submit your application or call the specialist Abacus consultant 0044 (0) 28 9031 3157 for a confidential career discussion.
Did you know? Abacus are Northern Irelands only rate Recruiter with 4.7 Stars for customer satisfaction on independent review site Feefo.
If you know someone who is returning/re-locating to NI then tell them about www.belfastforlife.com it has all the information that they will need.