Job Type: Permanent
Date Posted: 05/04/2017
Are you an HR Generalist with strong business partnering experience?
Would you like to work for a global professional services company with a competitive remuneration package?
Do you have a track record of project and stakeholder management skills?
We have a very exciting opportunity to join a leading professional services company based in Belfast City Centre. if interested please call Alex on 02890 313157 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
This is an exciting role joining a busy office which will include responsibilities spanning UK, EMEA & US and to pro-actively deliver business focused HR services to the teams.
Business partnering and day to day operations
- Work closely with Belfast teams to understand how HR can support their people and operational priorities;
- Act as a trusted advisor and sounding board;
- Provide HR advice and expertise on a wide range of generalist issues, taking into account the operational impact of any intervention;
- Support the various change management initiatives underway across the firm and work with the HR Manager to communicate any organisational change to the departments as appropriate;
- Deputise for the HR Manager, as required – for example, attend management meetings.
- Provide guidance and support to managers and the HR Manager to ensure that all employee issues are resolved promptly, with the emphasis on building excellent relationships and instilling trust;
- Assist with the successful implementation of new employment policies and practices;
- Assist the HR Manager to co-ordinate the delivery and communications of moderation, performance review, and salary review processes in conjunction with the Reward and Management Information team;
- Advising managers on managing poor performance and ensuring issues are being dealt with in the appropriate way;
- With guidance from HR Manager, lead on straightforward ER issues such as disciplinary and grievances;
- Supporting management of all flexible working requests and advising on policy and procedure;
- Monitor and manage all office sickness absence (including referrals to Occupational Health as necessary);
- Manage long term sickness cases and PHI claims where necessary;
- Manage the maternity, shared parental leave and adoption processes for employees.
- Co-ordinating the recruitment process through the entire lifecycle for all permanent, fixed term, Respond employees and Belfast trainees, maintaining quality control of the process;
- Working with the HR Manager to analyse the genuine business need to recruit, for example by analysing current and pipeline workloads;
- Provide advice and guidance to the relevant senior management members throughout the recruitment process;
- Working with the senior management team and HR team to produce comprehensive and relevant job descriptions for each role, in line with the standard template;
- Interview or support candidate assessment processes as necessary and ensure process is in line with best practice;
- Build strong relationships with internal recruitment team and external recruitment agencies and strategically manage the service provided;
- Maintain accurate records at all stages of the process, producing management information, including monitoring MI, and maintaining resource plans as required;
- Liaising with the London Recruitment Team to ensure the website vacancy list is kept up to date with current vacancies added and filled positions removed;
- Updating and implementing new recruitment policies and procedures as appropriate and communicating to the wider business;
- Coordinate the annual Belfast trainee recruitment process working closely with relevant managers in the practice and the HR Manager.
- An extremely well organised, commercial and intelligent HR generalist with a minimum of 2 years HR generalist and business partnering experience at adviser level, preferably with some professional services experience although those with less or more experience will be considered provided they can demonstrate the core skills and experience required for the role;
- Track record of building strong relationships with internal clients built upon sound technical knowledge and excellent interpersonal skills;
- Track record of project and stakeholder management skills; confident, with the ability to advise, influence and negotiate with a wide range of internal and external stakeholders;
- Sound knowledge of employee relations legislation and policies and a thorough understanding of performance management processes;
- Proven track record of case management in relation to performance management, grievances and disciplinary matters, health and well-being;
- Experience of lateral and retained recruitment at all levels;
- Sound understanding of current employment legislation (both N.I. legislation and England & Wales);
- PC literate (Microsoft Office suite).
Please submit your application or call the specialist consultant in Abacus Recruitment on 028 9031 3157 for a confidential career discussion or explore other jobs in Belfast, Northern Ireland, Dublin or London.
With 100 years’ experience in our team, Abacus is one of NI’s most established recruitment brands. We can advise on jobs, CVs, interviews and salaries across permanent, contract and temporary employment.
If you know someone who wants to move a career to NI, then tell them about www.abacus.jobs/belfastforlife or follow @AbacusJobs