Job Type: Contract
Date Posted: 09/10/2018
Are you an experienced HR professional looking for a new challenge within a market leading company?
Do you have a strong Generalist background with sound ER skills?
Would you like to work within a multi national company with excellent remuneration on offer?
We have a very exciting role with a prestigious client based in Belfast City Centre. If interested, or would like more information, call Alex on 02890 313157 or email email@example.com
This role will be based in the Belfast office which is located within the city centre. Working within a busy HR team, you will be responsible for carrying out a range of HR activities and providing customer focused solutions tot the business goals & objectives.
- Leadership Liaison and Organisational Effectiveness: Working with senior site management locations to support talent management needs. Provide a comprehensive HR service to deliver on the business goals and objectives
- Employee Relations: Advising management with respect to employee relations and performance management issues, with an emphasis on early identification and resolution. This is a key part of the role and we seek someone with proven ER experience to support the Belfast office and broader UK concerns(occasionally) by:
- Conducting initial employee investigations
- Supporting the absence management process in conjunction with the International Benefits Manager
- Assisting in answering basic performance management questions
- Proactively working with employees at all levels to answer general HR questions
- Provide training and development support, including facilitation of onsite delivery, to Belfast employees and coordination for onboarding.
- General guidance relative to key policies like flexible working, absences/leaves, grievances and talent processes
- Provide coaching and guidance to managers on performance management, absence, policies and procedures as well as HR best practice as relates UK employment jurisdiction, immigration requirements and record keeping (including annual audit)
- Policy Design, Assessment and Application: Assisting with implementation and administration of company-wide and international human resources policies, procedures, and practices (e.g., performance management reviews, diversity and inclusion initiatives, comp & benefits programs, organizational changes, etc.) in accordance with stated corporate policies, practices and objectives as well as relevant regulations;
- Leveraging HR Specialist Teams: Partnering with specialized HR areas (e.g., HRBP’s for Technology, SME’s in compensation, recruitment, training) to ensure specific needs of the Belfast office are met
- Management Information: Gathering and analysing data to assess the effectiveness of HR initiatives and programs;
- Payroll Liaison: Serve as liaison to international payroll team
- Onboarding: Support delivery of new employee orientation sessions for Belfast employees;
- Demonstrable experience in a HR Support role
- Strong experience in managing employee relations issues including employee investigation sequence/process, ideally in England and Northern Ireland
- Ability to multi-task and work in a high energy environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proactive approach to work as a go-to person for employees
- Strong planning and organisational skills
- Strong Microsoft Office skills required, SharePoint an advantage
- Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) in a related field;
- Financial services industry experience is preferred.
- CIPD accredited
- Familiarity with Workday desired but not essential
Please submit your application or speak to a specialist consultant in Abacus on 02890313157 for a confidential career discussion. Did you know? Abacus is NI’s only Highly Rated Recruiter with 4.5 Stars for customer satisfaction (Independent review site Feefo).
If you think you have the right skills to join our team, then get in touch. If you know someone returning/re-locating to NI then www.belfastforlife.com holds the information on quality of life, cost of living etc.