Job Type: Contract
Date Posted: 30/05/2017
Are you an HR Generalist with strong business partnering experience?
Do you have advanced excel / reporting skills?
Would you like to work for a leading global company with competitive remuneration package?
We have a very exciting role available in Belfast City Centre for a leading professional services company. If interested call Alex, in confidence, on 02890 313157 or email email@example.com
Role and Responsibilities
To be a trusted advisor to the Belfast office and deliver an integrated HR service to Belfast, including but not limited to:
Learning & Development:
- Coordinate the training needs analysis for the Belfast office;
- Liaise with the Training & Events/third party suppliers to coordinate learning & development activities for the Belfast office;
- Monitor spending against the learning & development budget. Produce quarterly/monthly management information;
- Coordinate and deliver employee induction and other training as appropriate.
- Provide monthly and ad hoc reports on quantitative and qualitative data as required, providing analysis as appropriate;
- Support the HR Manager in completing the annual Fair Employment Monitoring return;
- Provide administrative support to the Belfast HR team.
- Providing advice and support to service line leads on ER matters as appropriate;
- Work with the HR Manager and Senior HR Manager on motivation and retention strategies;
- Undertake any counselling of staff as appropriate;
- Monitor and report on sickness absence
- Conducting return to works or absence review meetings as appropriate;
- Liaise with appropriate medical practitioners regarding on-going health problems ensuring a consistent approach;
- Advise staff on career and flexible working policies and procedures.
- Support the Resourcing Specialist to recruit staff locally, ensuring that quality standards are maintained and to provide advice and support to service line leads.
- Coordinate and manage the annual review timetable for all staff;
- Work closely with service line leads to moderate and monitor standards of reviews across the office;
- Ensure review meetings are diarised, track completion and monitor any relevant performance issues.
- Provide assistance as required to the HR Manager in delivering the salary review in Belfast.
- Provide assistance as required to the HR Manager in producing a manpower plan for the Belfast office and monitor headcount control closely;
- Keep up-to-date with all staff movements (leavers, joiners, secondments etc.) so that resource requirements are planned for.
- Graduate qualification with CIPD or similar certification;
- A minimum of three years’ experience as an HR Generalist;
- Advanced Excel/reporting skills;
- Excellent organisation skills and attention to detail.
- Technical competence in all aspects of employment law and policies;
- Strong commercial business acumen with the ability to influence strategic thinking/direction;
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to interface at all levels;
- Collaborative team player who is able to work under own initiative and drive;
- Ability to deal sensitively with difficult issues and personalities;
- A flexible approach, resilience, and strong judgement/analytical skills
Please submit your application or call the specialist consultant in Abacus Recruitment on 028 9031 3157 for a confidential career discussion or explore other jobs in Belfast, Northern Ireland, Dublin or London.
With 100 years’ experience in our team, Abacus is one of NI’s most established recruitment brands. We can advise on jobs, CVs, interviews and salaries across permanent, contract and temporary employment.
If you know someone who wants to move a career to NI, then tell them about www.abacus.jobs/belfastforlife or follow @AbacusJobs