Job Type: Permanent
Date Posted: 11/07/2017
Abacus are looking for a ICT Officer for a fantastic and established Health care company were the successful candidate will get the opportunity to work on many different projects within a hugely busy but well-established and regarded team who are recognised for their professionalism and quality of work.
- The IT Officer (Data Centre) will be responsible through the Data Centre Manager for the provision and operation of the Data Centres and server facilities.
- Maintain and support the ICT systems in use in the Service.
- Assist with the design, technical management and enhancement of the client highly complex Data Centre facilities to ensure capacity, availability, and meet existing and future requirements.
- Work closely with partner ICT services in developing and upgrading jointly managed software.
- Produce reports and management information using available reporting tools and framework.
- Work in association the Date Centre Manager, ICT system managers, DIS and third party ICT suppliers in the development, quality assurance and regular testing of business continuity, disaster recovery and contingency plans to ensure continuity of service in the event of ICT failure.
- Provide advice and assistance to users on support provided by partner ICT services.
- Assisting in the development of integrated web services to provide on line services and information for customers
- Communicate effectively with staff and maintain productive working relationships amongst your staff and with others;
- Delegate appropriate responsibility and authority to staff in order to ensure optimum and effective service delivery and decision-making, whilst retaining overall accountability and responsibility for outcomes;
- Have an ICT related degree with at least 1 year experience in a technical ICT role or have 2-3 years experience in a technical role
- Ability to understand complex and technical ICT matters
- Excellent interpersonal skills including verbal and written skills
- Can show a track record in successful project planning and organisational skills
- Knowledge of best practice for the delivery of ICT services
Please submit your application or call the specialist consultant in Abacus Recruitment on 028 9031 3157 for a confidential career discussion or explore other jobs in Belfast, Northern Ireland, Dublin or London.
With 100 years’ experience in our team, Abacus is one of NI’s most established recruitment brands. We can advise on jobs, CVs, interviews and salaries across permanent, contract and temporary employment.
If you know someone who wants to move a career to NI, then tell them about www.abacus.jobs/belfastforlife or follow @AbacusJobs