05th June 2017
Reference: PROF - 9263
Location: Belfast Job Type: Permanent Salary: £30000.00 Date Posted: 05/06/2017
If you are a recently qualified Chartered Accountant you may not be thinking of a career in Internal Audit, but have you really given it due consideration?
IA has been a steadily growing area of specialism over the last 5-7 years as governance and control measures are now core to all large corporates.
The skills and abilities you can develop in this area will be with you for life and assist you in your career development.
Take 5 minutes and read through the details below, if you have any questions please contact me for further information or an informal and private discussion.
Duties and Responsibilities
* Gaining business and process understanding of our clients through interviews, process mapping and data analysis.
* Develop and execute risk-based test programmes for key business processes.
* Undertaking transactional and analytical tests and benchmarking of processes and controls.
* Preparing project documentation for review in accordance with relevant methodologies and the firm’s quality control standards.
* Identifying and presenting relevant business and control issues to client management
* Managing self and small team to predefined timelines and budget
* Prepare documentation for review on a timely basis
* Monitor, coach and develop junior colleagues and serve as a positive role model
* Develop ability to conduct a full range of assignment activities (e.g. plan and execute work plans, supervise and coach junior staff).
* Present a professional and positive impression of the firm with clients at all times
* Strong experience in internal audit/ internal control, in both financial and operational processes.
* Accountancy qualification.
* Experience working in Big 4/Top 10, global management consultancy firm or Blue Chip organization
* Knowledge and experience in Northern Ireland market, particularly Government, large corporate, banking (both major foreign and Irish multinational) with an appropriate internal audit or consulting background, a track record of project delivery and ability to build relationships with business/client management.
* Experience in applying accounting standards (specifically IFRS and/or US GAAP) and other professional standards (including Government Internal Audit Standards and IIA International Standards).
* A sound understanding of Business Processes and Risk Management.
* Strong analytical, interpersonal and communication skills.
* Willingness and ability to travel within Ireland, UK and EMEIA.
Particularly interested in experience in the following sectors:
* Government and Public Sector, including policing and universities
* Power & Utilities
* Technology, Communications & Entertainment
* Consumer Products
* A track record of delivering internal controls and internal audit projects or reviews that meets or exceeds expectations, offers real insight to client’s (internal and external) on their business and adds real value to business performance
* Good appreciation of a business benefits of internal control and good risk management and not just for compliance purposes (i.e. not limited to SOX).
* An ability to utilise core risk and controls skills in a broad range of projects both in a traditional internal audit and in advisory projects aimed at assisting in the implementation of controls / improvements.
* Professional, quickly establishes personal credibility and demonstrates expertise.
* Structures and manages projects or programmes of work which meet client expectations and mitigate any risks or issues.
* Within client assignments, analyses complex problems and is able to deliver insightful and practical solutions. Practical approach to solving issues and gaining client agreement. Influences and persuades clients and stakeholder to gain support for major changes and key decisions.
* Focuses on achieving project / programme goals and objectives. Overcomes issues and barriers.
* Facilitates and encourages collaboration amongst team members. And is capable of motivating teams to maximising performance.
* Process design and business change projects
Please submit your application or call the specialist consultant in Abacus Recruitment on 028 9031 3157 for a confidential career discussion or explore other jobs in Belfast, Northern Ireland, Dublin or London.
With 100 years’ experience in our team, Abacus is one of NI’s most established recruitment brands. We can advise on jobs, CVs, interviews and salaries across permanent, contract and temporary employment.
If you know someone who wants to move a career to NI, then tell them about www.abacus.jobs/belfastforlife or follow @AbacusJobs
028 9099 8455