Location: County Down
Job Type: Permanent
Date Posted: 09/08/2018
Do you have experience in managing stock within a professional services company?
Want to work for one of NI’s biggest names?
We are currently recruiting for an Inventory Analyst on behalf of our client based in Newry.
What you will be doing:
- Maintaining the company’s inventory model through ongoing review and updates to relevant RP planning parameters, including ABC classification and safety stocks;
- Optimise replenishment frequency, balancing inventory and operational costs;
- Work with Purchasing, Planning and Demand Planning to maintain inventory levels which reflect seasonality, new product launches, market shocks and product declines;
- Generate inventory analytics / KPIs for Management reporting and support ongoing actions to optimize inventory levels (including inventory projections, shortfalls, overages, ageing, obsolescence and stock turns);
- Highlight Inventory risks to the Inventory Manager, Purchasing team and other interested internal stakeholders;
- Performing ad hoc cycle counts and supporting interim and year end stock counts
What you will have:
- Educated to degree level or equivalent, ideally in a business / mathematical / financial discipline;
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in similar Inventory role;
- Strong organizational and prioritisation skills, used to working in a busy and challenging Supply Chain environment, managing multiple tasks / KPIs and working to strict deadlines;
- Highly numerate with strong IT and analytical skills, including advanced Excel (e.g. pivot tables, lookups) and the ability to use ERP / MRP systems;
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills and be confident of liaising at all levels of both internal and external stakeholders;
- Demonstrates initiative, taking ownership of tasks and have the tenacity, drive and ambition to offer solutions following root cause analysis.
- Minimum 2 years’ Inventory Management experience in a high compliance / regulated manufacturing environment (e.g. pharmaceutical, healthcare, food);
Please submit your application or speak to a specialist consultant in Abacus on 02890313157 for a confidential career discussion. Did you know? Abacus is NI’s only Highly Rated Recruiter with 4.5 Stars for customer satisfaction (Independent review site Feefo).
If you think you have the right skills to join our team, then get in touch. If you know someone returning/re-locating to NI then www.belfastforlife.com holds the information on quality of life, cost of living etc.