Location: Northern Ireland
Job Type: Permanent
Date Posted: 04/04/2017
Globally spanning consultancy firm are recruiting for a Business Analyst at Senior Consultant level in their IT Advisory team. They are seeking individuals with significant experience or individuals who have gained project and technology delivery experience within large recognised organisations.
At Senior Consultant level, there will be opportunities to work across their focus sectors within the PI (performance improvement) practice (Finance, Health, Utilities, Transport, Government) so experience in these sectors would also be an advantage. Strong experience with a blue chip consulting firm or blue-chip industry/government organisation.
As a Business Analyst:
- You should have solid business consulting skills and be able to work consultatively on a strategic or operational level;
- In addition you must have a proven track record of outstanding performance and display a high level of people and business skills;
- You will be at ease with a consultative approach and looking to reach your full potential;
- You will help to build valued relationships with external clients and internal peers;
- You will participate in presentations and proposals for medium complex projects or elements of highly complex projects;
- Drawing on your skills and experience to date you will work as part of a fast growing practice to delivery complex IT related assignments. This could include process mapping, IT functional design, PMO, IT Sourcing and general IT Project delivery;
- You’ll create high-quality work products and act as a subject matter resource on one or more services, leveraging knowledge and experience to shape services to client problems;
- As a respected professional you’ll communicate effectively with EY engagement partners and managers and work to build, manage and motivate high-performing teams, and help key staff to build sustainable competencies; and you will be hungry for personal success, learning and promotion;
- Agile Requirements gathering & elicitation; rapidly translate product requirements to application/software level architecture and detailed designs;
- Analyse, define and document requirements for data, workflow, logical processes, hardware and operating system environment, interfaces and other systems; internal and external checks, controls, and outputs using agile development methodology;
- Agile Requirements management – to include processes & tools for tracking and monitoring progress and output;
- Providing the bridge between stakeholders communications creating a synergy; Aiding the translation of a common vision and a common purpose for the Product Owner (Business Architecture) to the solutions delivery team;
- Working closely with the IT solutions delivery to ensure & validate throughout the agile delivery that the business and detailed technical architecture of the solution meet with the acceptance criteria of the user stories defined;
- Ensure requirements and acceptance criteria defined satisfy; performance, resilience and scalability of solution.
You will also have additional responsibilities as part of their people agenda:
- You will be responsible for your own self development;
- You will contribute to performance feedback for all levels of staff;
- You will contribute to people initiatives including recruiting, retaining and training IT Advisory professionals;
- You will maintain an educational program to continually develop personal skills; and
- You will understand, follow and communicate workplace policies and procedures to all levels of staff.
- Application Development (SDLC);
- ERP implementation (Oracle, MS Dynamics, SAP) ;
- Delivery of large scale business/technology programmes;
- IT Strategy & Architecture;
- Technology sourcing;
- PMO and IT governance;
- IT Sourcing;
- IT Process effectiveness and value;
- Enterprise Intelligence/Analytics;
- Test Automation;
- Business analysis in an IT environment
Please submit your application or call the specialist consultant in Abacus Recruitment on 028 9031 3157 for a confidential career discussion or explore other jobs in Belfast, Northern Ireland, Dublin or London.
With 100 years’ experience in our team, Abacus is one of NI’s most established recruitment brands. We can advise on jobs, CVs, interviews and salaries across permanent, contract and temporary employment.
If you know someone who wants to move a career to NI, then tell them about www.abacus.jobs/belfastforlife or follow @AbacusJobs