Job Type: Permanent
Salary: £55000.00 - £65000.00
Date Posted: 19/06/2017
IT Security Manager
Belfast/ IT Security jobs in Belfast / Salary: D.O.E Negotiable
As an IT Security Manager You will be working for a rapidly expanding Global insurance company to manage, maintain and continuously develop the IT security strategy and associated management system.
As a IT Security Manager your role will not only be exciting; but crucial to the business due to ever-changing technology. As the IT Security Manager you will work closely with the technical and IT Security Teams. You will advise on key risks and provide mitigation solutions.
Your new role
- The successful IT Security Manager (ITSM) will be expected to have indepth industry knowledge and a thorough understanding of what the business needs.
- You will be expected to define the information / Cyber security road-map for the company taking into consideration best practice and industry standards / policies. The individual will manage, maintain and continuously develop the information security management system.
- Manage security risk by analysing assets, threats, vulnerabilities and exposures, and recommending cost-effective countermeasures to reduce the likelihood and impact of adverse occurrences
- You will be assessing potential areas of risk and developing best practice, ITIL, COBIT etc.
- You will be liaising directly at board level and to the wider organisation to make sure security practices are compliant and up to date.
- Performance Management of all Information Security staff
- Formulation of Information Security Strategy
- Implementing company strategy within IT Managing IT and Cybersecurity Risk
- Third level qualification in IT or an IT-related discipline
- Desirable: Degree in Computer Science or IT-related discipline
- security certifications: CISM, CISSP or CISA
- Experience & Knowledge
- Good knowledge around technologies such as: Logs correlation,IPS, anti-virus/malware, content filtering, firewall, CDN, encryption, vulnerability and mobile device management
- Experience of auditing and risk management
- Operations management experience as well as IT infrastructure experience
- Experience of implementing an Information Security program
- Texting experience in financial services or recovery planning
- Prince2 or equivalent approach to project management methodology
Keywords: Head of Information Security, Head of Security, Risk and Compliance Manager, Senior Security Consultant, IT Security Manager, Security Manager, Data Privacy Manager, Senior Security Architect
Please submit your application or call the specialist consultant in Abacus Recruitment on 028 9031 3157 for a confidential career discussion or explore other jobs in Belfast, Northern Ireland, Dublin or London.
With 100 years’ experience in our team, Abacus is one of NI’s most established recruitment brands. We can advise on jobs, CVs, interviews and salaries across permanent, contract and temporary employment.
If you know someone who wants to move a career to NI, then tell them about www.abacus.jobs/belfastforlife or follow @AbacusJobs