05th April 2017
Location: Belfast Job Type: Permanent Date Posted: 05/04/2017
Global Legal Practice needs IT Support Analyst
* Service Now call logging system – ensure all calls/emails are logged, updated and resolved according to internal SLAs and best practice. ITIL framework is applied.
* Managing the hardware inventory, CMDB, Video Conferencing, laptop/projector set-up, WebEx / GoToMeetings / Skype conferences and audio conference equipment.
* Act as point of escalation for all operational queries on policy, procedure, etc., raised by internal customers.
* Raising and managing Belfast-related Change Requests, liaising with the appropriate resources from other international offices.
* Overall responsibility for and ownership of the System Administration process for Joiners, Movers, Leavers executed by the Belfast and London HR teams.
* Responsibility for asset management (all hardware).
* Purchasing – manage buying of PCs, laptops, BlackBerrys, liaising with local vendors and using centralised internal Purchasing database.
* Work closely with the London Infrastructure teams, ensuring the local machine room and network equipment is functional and performing as expected.
* Work closely with the local Belfast management team, updating them with local/global issues and office IT performance.
* Responsible for creation and management of the local IT budget for the Belfast office. Provide regular feedback on purchases made to London and Belfast management teams.
* IT performance in Belfast – working closely with the London and global IT teams to ensure delivery of all IT services in the Belfast office.
* More generally, to co-ordinate and assist with seat, desk and office moves.
* To support the technology requirements for all practice areas (in addition to disputes) in the office.
* Communication – ensure staff in Belfast are made aware of any issues or problems in a timely manner and continue to keep them updated at regular intervals.
* To co-ordinate and assist with furniture and logistics issues in relation to desk, seat and office moves.
* To work with the London and Belfast teams in future office expansion or relocation projects. Operations Team Collective Responsibilities
* The Operations team will work closely together to cover all aspects of the day to day running of the office, flexibly and with a genuine “can do” approach to each and every task.
* The Operations team are required to familiarise themselves with the job descriptions for each role in the team. Each member of the Operations team will have their own responsibilities. They will however seek to pitch in (without waiting to be asked) when they see their team member is particular busy (if they are less busy themselves, otherwise to offer other solutions) and will cover for each other if out of the office for any reason, in the spirit of getting the job done.
Skills, experience and qualifications
* Able to build and maintain strong relationships with partners, fee earners, office managers and everyone in IT.
* Organised with excellent time management capabilities.
* Naturally positive attitude towards customer service.
* Excellent interpersonal skills, including effective verbal, written, and presenting.
* Strong influencing and networking skills. * Patience and the ability to remain calm under pressure.
* Able to analyse business and systems issues and communicate them effectively at all levels of the firm.
* “Can do” attitude, focused on meeting deadlines and on high quality deliverables.
* Flexible approach to working hours and travel. Employee type Business Services Contract type Permanent
Please submit your application or call the specialist consultant in Abacus Recruitment on 028 9031 3157 for a confidential career discussion or explore other jobs in Belfast, Northern Ireland, Dublin or London.
With 100 years’ experience in our team, Abacus is one of NI’s most established recruitment brands. We can advise on jobs, CVs, interviews and salaries across permanent, contract and temporary employment.
If you know someone who wants to move a career to NI, then tell them about www.abacus.jobs/belfastforlife or follow @AbacusJobs