Location: County Londonderry
Job Type: Permanent
Date Posted: 03/07/2017
Salary: Negotiable| Location: Derry/Londonderry/Donegal
Our client is global financial services firm based in the North West of Ireland requires a highly skilled Java-J2EE developer with good java experience to join their successful and growing team.
The company offers excellent salaries, benefits and ongoing learning and development therefore offering any passionate developer a great opportunity to progress and gain a rewarding career.
- A highly skilled Java-J2EE developer with good java and DB experience is required to work on our regulatory applications.
- The developer would work closely with the business analyst, the architect and the user community to translate the user requirements to scalable solutions.
- They would be responsible for developing prototypes, unit test cases, design artifacts and real implementations.
- They should continue to conduct research on new products and technologies, to ensure they and the team are aware of the latest products available
- They would ensure that the application components are built to the highest standards across the application lifecycle with a constant eye for process improvement through unit testing automation, one click build and deployment
- Projects in the Operations Regulatory Control Technology area are run in iteration lifecycles with agile practices, so experience of agile development and scrums is highly beneficial.
- 4 + years experience in hands on J2EE development.Experience in custom software development with focus on web development (Servlet, JSP, JDBC, Struts)
- Strong experience developing scalable enterprise level J2EE web applications using Struts 1.0, preferably on WebSphere Application Server 6.1 or 7.0.
- In-depth knowledge of J2EE web tier components and extensive experience in both the server and client side development
- Ability to learn new technologies quicklyGood Analytical and communications skills
Please submit your application or call the specialist consultant in Abacus Recruitment on 028 9031 3157 for a confidential career discussion or explore other jobs in Belfast, Northern Ireland, Dublin or London.
With 100 years’ experience in our team, Abacus is one of NI’s most established recruitment brands. We can advise on jobs, CVs, interviews and salaries across permanent, contract and temporary employment.
If you know someone who wants to move a career to NI, then tell them about www.abacus.jobs/belfastforlife or follow @AbacusJobs