Job Type: Permanent
Salary: £38,000 - £40,000
Date Posted: 11/01/2019
- Internal reporting in an efficient manner which is accurate and timely, presenting relevant financial information to enable thorough understanding.
- Work with the Finance Manager to appraise the work of the management accounting team.
- Assist in developing stakeholder communications that are tailored to the audience.
- Assist the Finance Manager to ensure the team is continually developing their technical financial accounting knowledge and challenging the status quo in the way in which their work is produced;
- Support the Finance Manager in planning, managing and executing the annual financial audit process.
- Support the Finance Manager in planning, managing and executing the annual budgetary process.
- Become a trusted advisor to Budget holders (typically operational teams), business managers (finance representatives in the fee earning groups) and key members of other Finance teams, having the ability to present technical information in a way that is easily understood by a non-specialist audience.
- Anticipates the needs of the customer and provide timely solutions, and opinions on complex matters.
- Prioritises work effectively, making realistic compromises when necessary in order to deliver.
- Ability to deliver high quality client service through the building of strong trusted advisor relationships with clients and senior management.
- Good communicator, being able to deliver difficult messages sensitively, resolve conflict, influence and persuade others effectively and tailor conversations to non-financial orientated individuals/teams
- Able to balance on-going projects with business priorities
- Ability to apply technical knowledge and understand and identify creative solutions to technical issues
- Member of recognised accounting body as a qualified accountant
- Experience in a finance function in a commercial environment
- Good numeracy and literacy skills
- Computer literate with experience in Microsoft Office and a complex finance system
Please submit your application or call Aine Ryan in Abacus Group on 028 9031 3157 for a confidential career discussion, or to explore other jobs in Belfast, Northern Ireland, Dublin or London.
Please submit your application or speak to a specialist consultant in Abacus on 02890313157 for a confidential career discussion. Did you know? Abacus is NI’s only Highly Rated Recruiter with 4.5 Stars for customer satisfaction (Independent review site Feefo).
If you think you have the right skills to join our team, then get in touch. If you know someone returning/re-locating to NI then www.belfastforlife.com holds the information on quality of life, cost of living etc.