Location: County Down
Job Type: Permanent
Salary: £50,000 - £60,000
Date Posted: 26/02/2018
Are you an experienced Operations Manager within the food manufacturing industry?
Do you have strong management skills with a proven ability to manage teams of over 200 staff?
Would you like to work for a leading local business experiencing a strong period of growth?
We have a very exciting role with a company developing their brand and operation throughout NI & UK. If interested please call Alex on 02890 313157 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
The purpose of the role is to assist the Operations Director in order to ensure that manufacturing processes run smoothly, meeting business targets within company budgets so that Operations deliver products on time, in full, to the required quality.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Order Fulfilment: ensuring that all customer orders are delivered on time and in full
- Staffing: managing shift managers, organising staff and making sure labour targets are met.
- Quality: ensuring quality is to the agreed standards and complaints targets are met.
- Line Efficiency – OEE / Planning / Effective Labour Planning, assessing project and resources requirements
- Lean Manufacturing: Identifying and running Continuous Improvement Projects in order to improve process,drive efficiencies and lower business costs.
- People Management – Communication / Appraisals / Performance
- Training & Development – Training needs analysis & requirements
- Liaison with Engineering – Maintenance – Planned / Routine / Non-Routine / Breakdowns
- Communication & Reporting – flow of accurate information upwards & downwards and across department
- On Line Quality
- Traceability – contributing to effective trace-ability by ensuring production records completed
- Audit Compliant – Audit ready at all times
The successful candidate will demonstrate:
- 3 years’ experience in an operations management role within an FMCG environment
- Proven ability to manage and & motivate of an ever expanding team
- Experience of working with stringent hygiene and technical requirements
- Experience of delivering to meet major retail customers’ requirements
- Demonstrated cost Management and KPI achievement in waste and labour targets
- Experienced in implementing in lean manufacturing processes and techniques
Please submit your application or call the specialist Abacus consultant 0044 (0) 28 9031 3157 for a confidential career discussion.
Did you know? Abacus are Northern Irelands only rate Recruiter with 4.7 Stars for customer satisfaction on independent review site Feefo.
If you know someone who is returning/re-locating to NI then tell them about www.belfastforlife.com it has all the information that they will need.