Job Type: Permanent
Salary: £30,000 - £35,000
Date Posted: 03/07/2017
Experienced Practice Accountant – Belfast – IMMEDIATE REQUIREMENT
Who you will be working with:
Abacus Professional Recruitment has been chosen by one of our Accountancy Practice clients who are based in the City Centre to recruit for a Newly Qualified or 1 year PQE accountant position within their firm. Our client has been in business for a number of years and has steadily built both a loyal and varied client base and excellent reputation.
ACA, ACCA, CAI, ICAI or similar required
What you will do:
- Have a good working knowledge of UK GAAP.
- Plan the completion of accounts within a time & cost budget.
- Monitor the above, providing assistance where required & identifying & highlighting issues at early stages.
- Review Accounts files, identifying trends & amendments, identifying issues, planning points & opportunities.
- Strong knowledge of Sage Accounts production or similar products.
- Strong knowledge of Sage Line 50.
- Have a good working knowledge of UK: Income Tax, Capital Gains Tax, Vat, and IHT (preferable but not essential).
- A good working knowledge of ROI taxation would be advantageous but not essential.
- Good working knowledge of the preparation of personal & corporate tax returns, we do not foresee the individual completing these but planning & reviewing within time & cost budgets.
In relation to the clients above:
- Ensure seniors are requesting information from clients & ensure deadlines are met.
- Allocate work accordingly & provide direction accordingly.
- Ensure all client related requests are dealt with in a timely & effective manner.
- Review accounts for client meeting.
- Participate in client meetings, or depending on client take client meeting.
- Raise invoices for partner review.
- Assist with managing budgeted monthly fees.
- Participate in recruitment needs & recruitment process.
- Prepare tenders.
- Assisting with general people management.
- Assist with mentoring of students to include completion of their online student diaries.
- Manage or directly engage (depending on the job) in ad-hoc projects, for example, business plans, tax planning, due diligence, forensic reports, etc.
- Identifying client needs.
- Identifying business opportunities for the firm.
Please submit your application or call the specialist consultant in Abacus Recruitment on 028 9031 3157 for a confidential career discussion or explore other jobs in Belfast, Northern Ireland, Dublin or London.
With 100 years’ experience in our team, Abacus is one of NI’s most established recruitment brands. We can advise on jobs, CVs, interviews and salaries across permanent, contract and temporary employment.
If you know someone who wants to move a career to NI, then tell them about www.abacus.jobs/belfastforlife or follow @AbacusJobs