Location: County Down
Job Type: Permanent
Date Posted: 06/06/2018
Are you an experienced Procurement Manager with experience within the construction / manufacturing or related industry?
Do you have experience using ERP / MRP systems?
Would you like to work with a leading company with excellent remuneration?
We have an exciting opportunity to be part of a successful team. If interested call Alex on 02890 313157 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
The successful candidate will be a results driven individual who has previous experience managing and developing a Purchasing Department. This is an excellent opportunity to join the award winning company which places particular emphasis on investment in its people.
To lead and manage the Purchasing Department. The Procurement Manager will be responsible for achieving the company objectives particularly in relation to Quality, Delivery and Profitability through purchasing best practice & the effective management of all aspects of the Supply Chain and Purchasing Department under the guidance of the Contracts Director. To furthermore effectively audit all Suppliers with the support of the collective resources of the Contract and Q.S departments.
- To lead, manage & develop the Purchasing Department to ensure that the Department employs best practice in materials procurement. This will include, but will not be limited to, performance skills assessment, organisation of the department & development plans for the department.
- To lead research into new materials, industry trends and suppliers and present findings and suggestions for improvement to the Contracts Director and other employees as identified by the Contracts Director.
- To drive annual productivity improvements in each of the spend categories and monitor budgets
- To develop Key Performance measures for each of the Purchasing Department employees, incorporate into operational savings plans and use for employee appraisals.
- To monitor orders and delivery of same to ship, site or factory in compliance with dry dock / shipping dates and communicate to the relevant internal departments. To inform the relevant employees if a concern in relation to the delivery of material is identified and to use own initiative to resolve delays
- To monitor business satisfaction with the procurement department ensuring the support/ responsiveness of the procurement department meets all other department needs
- To remain up-to-date with market trends and supplier status through relationships with suppliers and attending trade shows
- To keep all accreditation paperwork up to date and ensure all internal Company audits are carried out based on Company requirements
- To work outside normal working hours, where necessary, to fulfil the role
- To report to the Contracts Director, in a format acceptable to the Director, with a monthly management report on performance of the Supply Chain in terms of Quality, Timelines, Cost, Innovation/Improvement and any other matter as notified by the Director.
- To work for other Companies within the group if requested to do so by the CEO
- To carry out all other duties as directed by the Contracts Director and commensurate with the job title.
- Previous experience successfully managing a Purchasing Department
- Purchasing experience in a construction, engineering or marine industry environment
- Experience with ERP/ MRP systems
- Computer skills to include Microsoft Office, Word and Excel
- Proven ability to effectively manage a team and the team’s relationship with other Company departments.
- Effective communication and negotiating skills to include communicating with different nationalities and cultures.
- CIPS membership
Please submit your application or call the specialist Abacus consultant 0044 (0) 28 9031 3157 for a confidential career discussion.
Did you know? Abacus are Northern Irelands only rate Recruiter with 4.7 Stars for customer satisfaction on independent review site Feefo.
If you know someone who is returning/re-locating to NI then tell them about www.belfastforlife.com it has all the information that they will need.