Location: Northern Ireland
Job Type: Permanent
Salary: £55,000 - £60,000
Date Posted: 12/03/2018
We are recruiting on behalf of a global FDI organisation in Belfast city centre as they embark upon the next phase of their exciting recruitment plans. They are seeking to appoint a Project Accountant & Fixed Asset Manager to join their team, an excellent opportunity for a Qualified Accountant with experience in a shared-service/multi-national environment to take their career to the next level
- Manage the activities in the running of the Project Accounting & Fixed Assets team. This includes establishing and managing operating plans and goals for the team, developing work schedules, back-up procedures and managing staffing requirements to ensure maximum and minimum coverage levels at all times;
- Ensure that teams function effectively and efficiently.
- Continuously control of processes to ensure that the Project Accounting & Fixed Assets area operates in an efficient and cost effective manner and identify upcoming opportunities for improvement
- Develop and manage short and long term operational goals and tactical objectives ensuring customer goals are incorporated
- Negotiate and ensure key performance metrics are met and service is delivered to customers as expected
- Build and maintain relationships across the finance team
- Develop, maintain, and update personal knowledge and expertise through appropriate means to ensure understanding of relevant knowledge areas and to identify possible future developments
- Identify improvements that can be made to financial systems, processes and procedures to ensure that they are up to date and compliant
In order to be considered you must meet the essential criteria. If you don’t meet the essential criteria you will not be considered
- Qualified accountant with a minimum of 5 years PQE experience in managing large finance teams, preferable in a service delivery type environment
- Background in project accounting and fixed assets
- Experience in implementing/maintaining/testing SOX controls;
- Experience in delivering to audit requirements
- Experience with complex ERP Systems
- Must have had prior experience working in a multi-national/shared service environment
- Strong at working within agreed constructs and holding those to account who don’t
- Experience of managing medium sized teams (15-30)
- Strong commercial acumen and business specific experience
Please submit your application or call the specialist Abacus consultant 0044 (0) 28 9031 3157 for a confidential career discussion.
Did you know? Abacus are Northern Irelands only rate Recruiter with 4.7 Stars for customer satisfaction on independent review site Feefo.
If you know someone who is returning/re-locating to NI then tell them about www.belfastforlife.com it has all the information that they will need.