Location: County Down
Job Type: Permanent
Date Posted: 09/04/2018
Are you an experienced project / programme manager, ideally within an engineering environment?
Do you have a third level qualification in engineering, science or business related subject?
Would you like to work for a leading company experiencing a sustained period of growth?
If interested or would like more information please call Alex on 02890 313157 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Reporting to the Head of Programme Management you will be required to assist in the successful delivery of Engineering and Manufacturing projects.
- Liaise directly with customers and suppliers
- Manage the delivery of projects on time to achieve the highest levels of customer satisfaction
- Manage all phases of the project from contract award to delivery of seats in line with contractual requirements
- Make sure project risks are identified and managed through effective mitigation measures
- Oversee the co-ordination of sub-contractors and suppliers in a planned and controlled manner ensuring efficiency.
- Participate in customer visits and audits
- Report to senior manager and board level on project delivery, including progress against milestones and deliverables
- Perform project management tasks aligned with the successful delivery of ongoing customer led projects
- Liaise with multiple departments across the process chain to support the delivery of the project to Quality, Time and Budget
- Attend and where appropriate lead meetings
We are looking for a motivated person who is an excellent communicator and who has strong focus on detail.
The ideal candidate will be:
- Degree educated in Engineering, Science, Business or a related field
- Have a minimum 5 years as an assistant manager or similar in an Engineering, Manufacturing or complex business environment
- Have a good strong understanding of process and the ability to deal with multiple tasks and progress these to successful conclusions
- Excellent computer skills- Microsoft project or similar would be desirable
- Excellent communication skills with demonstrable experience of using these skills successfully in a commercial environment
- Ability to maintain relationships with customers and suppliers
- Strong leadership and organisational skills
Please submit your application or call the specialist Abacus consultant 0044 (0) 28 9031 3157 for a confidential career discussion.
Did you know? Abacus are Northern Irelands only rate Recruiter with 4.7 Stars for customer satisfaction on independent review site Feefo.
If you know someone who is returning/re-locating to NI then tell them about www.belfastforlife.com it has all the information that they will need.