Job Type: Permanent
Date Posted: 25/09/2018
QA Tester is required to join a new small team, of experienced software & quality testers in a global FinTech company. The firm has been in Belfast for 6 years and keep a low profile, they have successfully built a Software Engineering team and now are seeking to build a QA Team.
Your Job will include:
- Review and analyse system specifications
- Develop, document and maintain functional test cases and other test artifacts like the test data, data validation, harness scripts and automated scripts.
- Ensure that systems meet functional and design requirements
- Effectively report bugs and errors to development teams for resolution
- Assist in pre and post production issue troubleshooting
- Work with cross-functional teams to ensure quality throughout the software development lifecycle
- Assure ongoing compliance with quality and industry regulatory requirements
Key Skills Needed:
- Minimum 2 years of relevant QA technical experience
- Analytical mind and problem-solving aptitude
- Experience in writing clear, concise and comprehensive test plans and test cases
- Knowledge of automated testing tools including Selenium/NUnit
- Solid knowledge of SQL and scripting, including designing and manipulating test data, verifying data and validating stored procedures
- Able to use discretion to prioritize problems and tasks appropriately
- Proven ability to integrate well into a team and build relationships well with senior stakeholders
It would be awesome if you also had:
- Software development experience using Python or C#
- Working knowledge of automated deployment tools such as TeamCity
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum development process
Experience with financial data and financial data providers
Please submit your application or speak to a specialist consultant in Abacus on 02890313157 for a confidential career discussion. Did you know? Abacus is NI’s only Highly Rated Recruiter with 4.5 Stars for customer satisfaction (Independent review site Feefo).
If you think you have the right skills to join our team, then get in touch. If you know someone returning/re-locating to NI then www.belfastforlife.com holds the information on quality of life, cost of living etc.