Location: County Londonderry
Job Type: Permanent
Salary: £40,000 - £45,000
Date Posted: 17/04/2018
Are you an experienced Quality Manager within an engineering / manufacturing environment?
Do you have strong people management and ISO experience?
Would you like to work for a leading local SME experiencing a strong sustained period of growth?
We have a very exciting opportunity to join a local success story. If interested or would like more information call Alex on 02890 313157 or email email@example.com
To lead the Quality Team to uphold a quality culture and ensure the best in class performance to the extensive customer base, and implementing relevant quality control procedures across all of the company’s activities.
Main tasks and duties:
Overall responsibility for Quality Assurance matters including:-
- Lead the development of quality management systems to deliver ever improving “Right First Time” quality and cost, driven by technology improvements, customer requirements and audit feedback.
- Ensuring that all systems are maintained so that the requirements of BS EN ISO 9002, ISO 1400 and OHSAA 18001 are met and, as defined, kept under review, by means of formal and informal audits;
- Provide leadership in the investigation of quality issues implementing corrective actions and elimination of root cause.
- Provide expert quality input for future development projects and continuous improvement programmes for example New Product Implementation.
- Identifying, establishing, applying, monitoring controlling and up-dating systems for the definition and control of all Company products;
- Ensuring that adequate, correct, product specifications are available, as and when required,
- Liaison with customers and external bodies, such as British Standards Institute, British Board of Agreement and the Chartered Quality Institute on all quality matters;
- The total handling of all customer concerns, from receipt through investigation to settlement and corrective action;
- Collection/analysis/reporting of Quality KPI data: eg: internal & external reject rates, material utilisation etc.
- Scheduling & convening regular internal Quality Meetings
- Quality interface between client & customers, suppliers & regulatory bodies
- Identification & management of Quality-related training for Inspection & Shop-floor staff
- Effective performance management of the QA team.
- 5 years’ senior experience working with Quality or Engineering gained in a manufacturing or assembly environment;
- Relevant management training;
- Experience of leading and managing a team in a manufacturing environment;
- Understanding and experience of New Production Introduction (NPI);
- Have a solid understanding and experience of ISO9001/PPAP/APQP;
- Have a significant experience in applying problem solving methodologies eg 8D
- Knowledge of lean manufacturing principles and ability to demonstrate how to apply them in live situations
Please submit your application or call the specialist Abacus consultant 0044 (0) 28 9031 3157 for a confidential career discussion.
Did you know? Abacus are Northern Irelands only rate Recruiter with 4.7 Stars for customer satisfaction on independent review site Feefo.
If you know someone who is returning/re-locating to NI then tell them about www.belfastforlife.com it has all the information that they will need.