Location: County Down
Job Type: Permanent
Date Posted: 21/04/2017
Do you have experience in stock control or inventory management?
Have you worked in an FMCG or wholesale environment?
Would you like to work for a Top 100 company?
We have a very exciting opportunity to join a Top 100 company with excellent career opportunities and a competitive remuneration. If interested please call Adam on 02890 313157 or email: email@example.com
Responsible for stock replenishment and stock control on an agreed range of products and for ensuring supplier service levels. Also responsible for maintaining stock integrity, the role will require working closely with sales, forecasting stock requirements and ensuring the business meets its target consistently on Must Stocks and promotions.
- Replenish stock with particular emphasis on re-order levels, timing of orders, promotions, seasonal peaks and emerging trends.
- Control the movement of stock in order to maintain and improve service levels.
- Ensure stock levels are maintained to achieve 99% service availability and specific perfect order targets.
- Procurement of product – negotiation of delivery dates and timely placing of purchase orders.
- Ensure all promotional offers are available throughout promotion cycles.
- Ensuring stock appreciation targets are achieved in line with growing our business.
- Minimise wastage through prompt action to minimise damages and out of date products.
- Provide timely and effective feedback to the Re-order Manager and Trading team (supplier issues / promotional effectiveness and competitor activity).
- Maintain effective working relationships with Trading and Sales teams to achieve optimum stock levels.
- Develop effective relationships with suppliers to ensure maximum benefit to the business.
- Use IT systems to collate and analyse data and ensure timely and effective decision making is made to meet the needs of the business.
- Management of slow moving, inactivate and obsolete lines.
- Any other duties that may be assigned.
- GCSE Maths & English
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Excellent planning, organisation and interpersonal skills.
Desirable (Training will be provided):
- A level / equivalent qualification in a Business related discipline
- Previous Foodservice / wholesale experience or FMCG environment
- Experience of forecasting activity and supplier management
- Experience of stock control and inventory management
- Experience in using BCP system
**This is a Part-Time position (30hrs)**
Please submit your application or call the specialist consultant in Abacus Recruitment on 028 9031 3157 for a confidential career discussion or explore other jobs in Belfast, Northern Ireland, Dublin or London.
With 100 years’ experience in our team, Abacus is one of NI’s most established recruitment brands. We can advise on jobs, CVs, interviews and salaries across permanent, contract and temporary employment.
If you know someone who wants to move a career to NI, then tell them about www.abacus.jobs/belfastforlife or follow @AbacusJobs