Job Type: Permanent
Date Posted: 13/10/2017
Are you an experienced buyer with experience in FMCG?
Would you like to work for one of NI’s leading employers?
We are currently recruiting for a Re-Order Buyer to join our client based in Belfast. This is a fantastic opportunity to join a company where staff are appreciated and rewarded.
What you will be doing:
- Work closely with Trading and Logistics colleagues as well as suppliers to ensure departmental KPI’s are achieved using appropriate experience and systems.
- Manage inbound & outbound service levels to meet the demands of our customer.
- Maintain product and supplier information on Supply Chain Manager System.
- Placing Supplier orders to ensure stock levels are sufficient to meet promotional and core demand.
- Analysis of system generated reports to ensure stock levels and service level performance are on track with escalation of any non-conformances accordingly.
- Forecast requirements for promotions and seasonal periods.
- Ensure that intercompany and Bulk orders are placed and scheduled for delivery to customers.
- Authorise stock for manual customer orders and key where required.
- Performance reporting on a daily and weekly basis to indicate individual and departmental performance against targets.
- Provide support to the rest of the Supply Chain team during busy periods or holidays / absence.
- Monitoring supplier service levels on a daily/weekly basis.
- Collaborative working with suppliers to ensure that inbound service level performance is maintained.
- Develop robust working relationships cross functionally e.g. Logistics, Trading, Sales etc.
- Respond to customer queries via CRM system within agreed deadlines with sufficient information to satisfy the customer’s query.
What you will have:
- 5 GCSEs (or equivalent) to include English & Maths at Grade C or above with 2 – 3 years’ experience working in a similar role within the FMCG sector OR alternatively where an applicant has no formal qualifications, a minimum of 5 years’ previous experience in a similar role would be considered
- Intermediate level Excel
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications, supply chain software systems and processes
- Strong analytical and numerical skills
- Ability to work in a fast moving and dynamic environment
- Ability to organise self to achieve goals
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to deal with customer queries and build strong working relationships cross functionally and also with suppliers.
To hear more details on this role, send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or call Aisleen on 02890313157
Please submit your application or call the specialist consultant in Abacus Recruitment on 028 9031 3157 for a confidential career discussion or explore other jobs in Belfast, Northern Ireland, Dublin or London.
With 100 years’ experience in our team, Abacus is one of NI’s most established recruitment brands. We can advise on jobs, CVs, interviews and salaries across permanent, contract and temporary employment.
If you know someone who wants to move a career to NI, then tell them about www.abacus.jobs/belfastforlife or follow @AbacusJobs