Job Type: Permanent
Salary: £50,000 - £60,000
Date Posted: 21/06/2018
Belfast City Centre
Salary Up to £60,000 Guide £40,000-£50,000 D.O.E.
About the Team
You will be part of a growing team in Belfast, that is designing, building, and delivering key FinTech platforms across the UK and the world to Fortune 500 companies.
About the Role
In the Scrum Master role, you will guide teams in the development of our software changes. Scrum teams are co-located and are responsible for engineering and testing within their feature area.
As scrum master, you guide, lead, and serve your teams so that together you deliver awesome software.
You ensure your teams embrace Agile throughout the product lifecycle, and coach them to deliver to their full potential. You may also mentor other scrum masters and teams adopting the Agile approach.
You will also lead multi-team programs that require scrum-of-scrums and cross-team coordination.
This role reports to the CTO.
What the opportunity entails…
- Facilitate and lead scrum ceremonies: standups, sprint planning, demos, and retrospectives.
- Act as a servant-leader to remove or drive resolution of impediments to the team’s progress.
- Work with product owners to ensure groomed backlogs of stories that are ready for the team.
- Provide real transparency into the team’s velocity, both to the team and to the business.
- Work with engineering to implement code, automated testing, and build/release standards.
- Communicate project-feature status to the PMO for purpose of iterating the product roadmap.
- Provide input into annual financial planning for the portfolio.
- Protect the integrity of the team and its velocity from unnecessary external influences.
- Coach the team on continually improving process, estimation, quality, and velocity.
- Care for the team – seek to unlock the energy and potential of the team to be the best it can be.
Desired Skills and Experience
- You have a Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related field
- You’ve been working for 8 years or more in an IT or Financial Services environment
- For 5 years or more, your primary job has been a Scrum Master working in an Agile environment
- You can demonstrate a solid understanding of how to develop great software and lead projects
- You’re a star at coaching teams on story-writing, backlog prioritization, and story estimation
- You’ve got an entrepreneurial energy and ability to find solutions to challenges your team faces
- You communicate concisely
- You act like a leader to influence others to choose the right path
- You work like a coach in your passion to get your team to perform at its best
- You can get the job done using JIRA, Confluence, and Slack
Please submit your application or call the specialist Abacus consultant 0044 (0) 28 9031 3157 for a confidential career discussion.
Did you know? Abacus are Northern Irelands only rate Recruiter with 4.7 Stars for customer satisfaction on independent review site Feefo.
If you know someone who is returning/re-locating to NI then tell them about www.belfastforlife.com it has all the information that they will need.