Job Type: Contract
Date Posted: 11/04/2018
Are you an experienced HR Generalist interested in a 12 month fixed term contract?
Do you have a strong background in NI & UK Employment Law?
Would you like to work for a leading global company with excellent remuneration package?
If you are interested, or would like more information please call Alex on 02890 313157 or email email@example.com
Summary of role:
As a Senior HR Generalist you will be responsible for providing a robust, legally compliant and commercially focused HR support service to the business. Reporting directly to the Senior HR Manager in London, but in a stand-alone role in Belfast, you will work closely with senior business leaders, the wider UK HR team, and global partners to drive the people agenda locally and deliver people-related solutions.
Operating at both a strategic and operational level you will play a key role in managing a wide range of HR activities spanning performance management; talent management; learning & development; employee relations and reward & recognition.
- Become a trusted advisor and coach to the leadership team, building capability and developing people management and leadership aspects of their roles;
- Work closely with global HR partners to ensure employee lifecycle activities, spanning performance management, talent management and reward are delivered locally;
- Drive/support the talent management agenda through facilitating talent reviews, departmental succession planning and workforce planning;
- Effectively case manage all employee relations matters including disciplinary, grievance, flexible
- Collaborate with relevant stakeholders to ensure a seamless customer experience that empowers people managers & employees in a self-service culture;
- Ensure on-boarding and off-boarding activities are carried out in line with business standards. This includes reviewing new joiner/leaver surveys and conduct exit discussions to identify opportunities to reduce turnover;
- Partner with Learning & Development colleagues to create a culture of continuous learning and deliver an L&D plan.
- Leverage grant support to put in place skills development programmes to meet the needs of changing work requirements and existing skill gaps;
- Champion change and transformation initiatives to support the wider Finance Operations Transformation plan;
- Work collaboratively with Change/Comms Lead and to design and implement a regular schedule of employee engagement activities to maintain morale and drive retention;
- Build a strong relationship with the entire team to be able to provide an accurate barometer of how changes and change management efforts are impacting locally
- Support the maintenance of employee records, filing and administration processes, including fair employment monitoring and article 55 reviews;
- Degree / post-graduate degree in relevant business related or HR discipline;
- Associate membership of CIPD;
- Demonstrable generalist experience in the core areas of performance management, talent management, employee relations, reward and recognition and employee engagement;
- Strong background in learning and development, specifically in the development and delivery of training programmes;
- Strong understanding of NI and GB employment law and equal opportunities legislation and it’s practical application;
- Excellent stakeholder management skills, quickly builds trusting and respected relationships;
- Ability to influence and negotiate at a senior level;
- Strong project management skills with demonstrable evidence of delivering / executing people related initiatives;
- Commercially switched on, with the ability to contribute to wider business and financial discussions
- Improvement focused;
- Highly organised and able to priortise tasks and workload;
- A self-starter, who is positive and enthusiastic and embraces and promotes change;
- Articulate with a strong attention to detail;
- Resilient personality and welcomes constructive feedback;
- Flexibility to travel to UK periodically
- Chartered membership of CIPD;
- Experience working remotely in a global business;
- Experience working in a shared service environment;
- Experience supporting large scale change programmes.
Please submit your application or call the specialist Abacus consultant 0044 (0) 28 9031 3157 for a confidential career discussion.
Did you know? Abacus are Northern Irelands only rate Recruiter with 4.7 Stars for customer satisfaction on independent review site Feefo.
If you know someone who is returning/re-locating to NI then tell them about www.belfastforlife.com it has all the information that they will need.