Job Type: Permanent
Salary: £25000.00 - £35000.00
Date Posted: 25/04/2017
The Senior IT Analyst will be the main point of contact for all IT related matters associated with the organisations activities.
These will include IT contract management and functional/technical activities associated with the operational IT system, change management, procedural management and interaction with external stakeholders at meetings/working groups. This is a great opportunity to be part of a small team of a new entity within the energy sector and the individual will be expected where required to apply themselves across the business unit.
Summary of Duties:
- Contract Management of the support and hosting contracts for the Operational IT System;
- Project Management of the lifecycle of any Operational IT System functional changes;
- Own and manage IT Helpdesk Procedures and any other IT policies/procedures for the operational IT system as relevant;
- Responsible for IT reporting line items into the overall governance reporting for the organisation;
- Assist the operations team with functional/operational aspects including troubleshooting, procedural and IT user guide management and training of internal staff and external parties;
- Be the primary technical contact for the IT System interface;
- Provide IT technical support to the business unit for compliance monitoring;
- Represent the organisation at external stakeholder working groups and forum on IT related matters;
- Liaise with the Corporate IT hosting and support provider as required on issues affecting the corporate IT solution;
- Participation in the on-call rota for out-of-hours support to Shippers and Control Rooms;
- Other duties as required from time to time.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Relevant third level degree or equivalent with at least 3 years relevant experience;
- Excellent customer service skills;
- Detailed understanding, knowledge and experience of hosted IT services and associated contracts
- Experience in IT service design and delivery;
- Experience of project management of IT application change;
- Experience in building and maintaining relationships (both internal and external) with excellent influencing and negotiation skills;
- Driver of high standards for individual, team and organisational accomplishment and delivering desired results;
Please submit your application or call the specialist consultant in Abacus Recruitment on 028 9031 3157 for a confidential career discussion or explore other jobs in Belfast, Northern Ireland, Dublin or London.
With 100 years’ experience in our team, Abacus is one of NI’s most established recruitment brands. We can advise on jobs, CVs, interviews and salaries across permanent, contract and temporary employment.
If you know someone who wants to move a career to NI, then tell them about www.abacus.jobs/belfastforlife or follow @AbacusJobs